Black Wheels On A Deep Black 197?...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Evening all!!!

I'm thinking of having my Calipers done either yellow to match the RS colours or silver to keep with the trim and handles etc. I'm also toying with the idea of having my wheels done black but I'm worried it might be ''too'' black. What do you guys reckon to black wheels on a black car? I also had a wild thought about black calipers with yellow wheels. :smiley:

I'm after some piccies of black 197's with black wheels on to help sway me please.

Cheers!!!

Will

I know, literally as I posted this up!!! :smiley:

I quite like it but I'm not 100% about it. Anthracite is a good option though, I'll have a think!!! :smile:

Here's a few pics of mine, know what you mean about black being too dark, and I think if I had the chance i'd go for anthracite or something maybe a little darker but not black. Callipers definitely need painting to stand out, my silver ones don't do the car any justice!

Photo0047.jpg

Photo0048.gif

Photo0050.gif

clio.gif

Last edited:
Cheers for that!!!

Yours looks good, it's your avatar that got me thinking to be honest...

The thing I like about the silver calipers is that they match the trim & handle. But they do seem to blend in a little and Brembo's deserve to be shown off!!! :smile:

Cheers Jamie, look smart them. :smile:

Liambo, the missus has just said that!!! Black calipers with the writing in silver or yellow... Hmmm... Decisions, decisions... :tongueout:

Yeah, there OZ ultraleggras.

i painted the calipers red and put some nice big white brembo stickers on, you cant really see on the pics, i'll take some better ones another day.

Im thinking of getting the eibach lowering springs, the cars just sat an inch too high for my liking! has anyone had any experience with them? are they any good??

Before i bought the car i saw a couple of 197s with the cup spoiler on and absolutly loved them. Now ive got the car im not so sure about putting one on? not sure if its a little OTT?

go for this spoiler fella its a little more subtle
car1009.jpg
clio002.jpg
doesnt stick out soo far but still makes the back end look more aggressive.

Personally I'm not too hot on the Cup Spoiler, I think this shape Clio looks very clean as it is. That's not to say that they don't look good and I'm not slating anyones decision to have one, but I wouldn't put one on mine. I'd spend the money on Eibach's instead!!! :tongueout: I wouldn't mind mine being a bit lower but I don't want to compromise the ride or handling so I'm going to do some more research first.

*EDIT*

I like that spolier on Mojo's, I think it compliments the shape of the car better then the Cup one. Where's that one from?

black wheels, yellow calipers and maybe a yellow pin stripe round the edge of the wheels :8

Gaz, if your lookin to put the same spoiler as c197mojo on yours, im gonna be sellin mine soon an its black too so you wouldnt need to get it painted.

i want to put the cup spoiler on mine so drop me a pm an we could sort summit out.

my calipers are going RS green :wink: