Black front Discs

The braking surface will only be black until you apply the brakes. I dont see any benefit to having "temporary" black discs.

The rest of the disc stays black and doesn't rust,looks a hell of a lot better,I've got the brembo black edition front discs and DS2500 pads mate,they work really well,don't think the discs are any better than standard but the grooves help to take the sheen off the pads after a hard day and look brilliant, The pads on the other hand are awesome,would defo recommend

How do you find the pads for day to day use though henderson? My car does a lot of shorter trips with the misses, I've always been a bit dubious of aftermarket pads in case they have to warm up first or are too grabby when cold making them a bit **** day to day

Totally fine for day to day use in my opinion mate,they don't need to be warmed up to work well and have good initial bite all the time,brake fade is greatly reduced as well I'd say,they do have a slight race type squeal at low speeds but I kind of like that!

Nice one cheers lads! Thought they would've had a special coating or something to allow them to stay black even after braking :worried:

You got any pics of them Henderson?

My Megane had these on when i bought it but I'm of the opposite opinion to you Henderson. I didn't like them at all and mine were rusty around the outside and the middle.

Though the previous owner of my car used it primarily as a track day car (still is actually :smile:)

My Megane had these on when i bought it but I'm of the opposite opinion to you Henderson. I didn't like them at all and mine were rusty around the outside and the middle.

Though the previous owner of my car used it primarily as a track day car (still is actually :smile:)

not sure why u wouldn't like them tbh matey,they are the same as standard discs with grooves in i believe and standards work really well,sure yr brakes where working 100% as it very common for the calipers to seize if not serviced pretty regular

cheers matey,only a tenner from demon tweeks off ebay and doctored the one to fit the locking wheel nut,no better feeling than a cheap mod that works

thats it mate, may have to invest in some of those myself!

as you say cheap mods that work are the way forward