Black Door Handles

Tom

Platinum Member
I've noticed a few 197/200 with black door handles and rubber strips, etc.

Is it possible to:

1. Buy these from renault or elsewhere
2. Replace the silver ones without any major risks?

The handles on my car will be the only non-black external trim very shortly...

Cheers!

Tom.

I also want to di this but ive read a thread on here about removing the handles and i really dont fancy doing it lOl

The black handles are from the basic model and wont work with keyless entry, they.don't have the necessary switch or sensor.

The black handles are from the basic model and wont work with keyless entry, they.don't have the necessary switch or sensor.

Are you sure on that? remember Renault has keyless entry on alot of basic spec models now (meganes etc) and to my knowledge its the same handle accross the range.

Looking at my Cups handles (black) i have a plastic square behind the handle built into the door, this to me looks like the appropriate sensor surely as its certinaly not something my Cup appears to use?

Does it have a button on the actual handle?

Does it have a metal sensor on the actual handle opposite the black square in the door?

Assuming the answer to both of these questions is "no" then they aren't compatible with the comfort access system. You would find that if you removed the handle from the door there is no wiring inside the handle, with the silver handles there is.

Are you sure on that? remember Renault has keyless entry on alot of basic spec models now (meganes etc) and to my knowledge its the same handle accross the range.

Looking at my Cups handles (black) i have a plastic square behind the handle built into the door, this to me looks like the appropriate sensor surely as its certinaly not something my Cup appears to use?

basic as in cup model, and got no switches in the handle. the black maybe work and just be a sensor for central locking?

Why would you need a visible sensor from the outside of the door, underneath the handle for central locking? :huh:

Not sure on the button things Ralphy without checking.

Is it possible to paint/spray em without removing?
What do You think ?

I also think about wrapping it. It could work to.
Hmm

I've noticed a few 197/200 with black door handles and rubber strips, etc.

Is it possible to:

1. Buy these from renault or elsewhere
2. Replace the silver ones without any major risks?

The handles on my car will be the only non-black external trim very shortly...

Cheers!

Tom.

They are the better looking cup models :thumbup:

Is it possible to paint/spray em without removing?
What do You think ?

I also think about wrapping it. It could work to.
Hmm

You could sdo them on the car but the finish wouldnt be as good. I'm gonna agree with Ralphy also as the FF has a button on the handle that the cup handles dont have thus the cup handles wouldnt work on the FF.

You can buy the black door/bump strips from Renault so they are easy enough to source and fit. The door handles however will be more difficult to remove and nless you have a spare set you'll have no handles on the car whilst the ones you removed are getting painted.

Ive heard of someone wrapping them whilst they are on the car! But i imagine that would of been an absolute arse! As for spraying them on the car it would be possible but it wouldnt be easy, even for a proper sprayer i reckon. it would be too difficult to get the angle to spray the back. Ideally they need to be removed and have the car out of action for a couple of days, or how ever long it takes to paint something like that.

I think there is a 'How to' on here of how to remove the handles, but it involves taking the door interior off and cutting some foam stuff behind it :/

Edit: Here it is . . . http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3603

Ive heard of someone wrapping them whilst they are on the car! But i imagine that would of been an absolute arse! As for spraying them on the car it would be possible but it wouldnt be easy, even for a proper sprayer i reckon. it would be too difficult to get the angle to spray the back. Ideally they need to be removed and have the car out of action for a couple of days, or how ever long it takes to paint something like that.

I think there is a 'How to' on here of how to remove the handles, but it involves taking the door interior off and cutting some foam stuff behind it :/

Edit: Here it is . . . http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3603

I think a proper wrapping company could wrap it properly as most of those guys can wrap anything.

Wow, many options... Removing them doesn't look to hard - but as you say, no handles for a couple of days... :|