Black 200 - Non-Cup (SHOCK HORROR!)

Micah

Founder of Team Clique
Hi everyone,
After 6+ years of wanting a Mk3 RenaultSport Clio, I was finally able to make my purchase at the end of last week from Maidstone Renault. Having looked for weeks and quite possibly months, this one ticked all the boxes (I went with my head and not my heart for once!).
Although I wanted a racing blue cup packed FF Clio, I settled on this black beauty. I initially hated it when I stumbled upon it one weekend, and proceeded to drive to Hastings to test drive a dog of a FF GW with leather. The gf wasn't keen on the cup pack, nor was I really. When my soon to be new purchase was reduced by £1k, I knew this was the closest to peace of mind as I could get for the budget I had set.
I am finally pleased with what I have bought after getting the thumbs up from various people and can't stop looking at it. Although I am still in two minds about the preference of the anthracite pack, it is really growing on me and has so much presence. Even the gf likes it, so I'll take that any day!
The car really isn't bad without the cup pack as I put it through its paces (mildly) on some country lanes in deepest, darkest Kent at the weekend. I think you get a lot of car for the money and it's so unique looking from the front arches, all the way back. I still don't rate the front but I can live with it!
The car needs a little TLC cosmetically, but I would like to get some recon red Brembo's and possibly have the wheels resprayed in anthracite at some point, but will probably put my money towards getting the belts done in late summer.
I have previously had a dry spell in the form of my gf's 1.1 Pug 206, prior to that my car history has been various Renault 5's (1.4L, 1.7 GTX, GT Turbo), Renault 19 16v, Pug 205 GTi, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, Stilo Abarth and Mk3 Golf GTI. It's great to be back in style!
This forum looks really helpful and will definitely be hovering around it every lunchtime. Some pics attached, I know it won't be to everyone's taste!

Attachments

• IMG_4469.jpg
    IMG_4469.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4468.jpg
    IMG_4468.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 51
Welcome aboard, glad that you've finally got your mk3! Black always look good polished up and some red detailing on the brakes will set it off! Now sit back and take it for a nice drive and let it pit a smile on your face

I have a very similar RS200 and I don't like the front end that much either but I'm slowly changing it.
attachment.php
Hi everyone,
After 6+ years of wanting a Mk3 RenaultSport Clio, I was finally able to make my purchase at the end of last week from Maidstone Renault. Having looked for weeks and quite possibly months, this one ticked all the boxes (I went with my head and not my heart for once!).
Although I wanted a racing blue cup packed FF Clio, I settled on this black beauty. I initially hated it when I stumbled upon it one weekend, and proceeded to drive to Hastings to test drive a dog of a FF GW with leather. The gf wasn't keen on the cup pack, nor was I really. When my soon to be new purchase was reduced by £1k, I knew this was the closest to peace of mind as I could get for the budget I had set.
I am finally pleased with what I have bought after getting the thumbs up from various people and can't stop looking at it. Although I am still in two minds about the preference of the anthracite pack, it is really growing on me and has so much presence. Even the gf likes it, so I'll take that any day!
The car really isn't bad without the cup pack as I put it through its paces (mildly) on some country lanes in deepest, darkest Kent at the weekend. I think you get a lot of car for the money and it's so unique looking from the front arches, all the way back. I still don't rate the front but I can live with it!
The car needs a little TLC cosmetically, but I would like to get some recon red Brembo's and possibly have the wheels resprayed in anthracite at some point, but will probably put my money towards getting the belts done in late summer.
I have previously had a dry spell in the form of my gf's 1.1 Pug 206, prior to that my car history has been various Renault 5's (1.4L, 1.7 GTX, GT Turbo), Renault 19 16v, Pug 205 GTi, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, Stilo Abarth and Mk3 Golf GTI. It's great to be back in style!
This forum looks really helpful and will definitely be hovering around it every lunchtime. Some pics attached, I know it won't be to everyone's taste!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-14-21-41-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-14-21-41-56.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 104
Why not to everyones taste? its a great looking 200, the cup is really only needed if you do intend to track the car, on every bumpy road I bet a non cup would be a better handling car, didnt quite get what you meant by anthracite pack, looks like the car does not have it, its an anthracite - dark grey metallic painted - rear diffuser and front bumper main insert, yours are black, so looks like it should, the wheels looks like they have been resprayed as with a non cup they only came in silver as standard, so if you meant the wheels then yes, looks good, on my previous 197 which was deep black and non cup as well I had them "anthracited" to look a bit better too, makes a big difference imo. congrats on your purchase!

Sorry, what I meant was that I'd have liked the anthracite pack initially, but all black has grown on me. Funny about the wheels, I hadn't realised until this week they didn't come in black! Luckily have Lepson's in the neighbouring town so will definitely get them to sort the wheels. I'm guessing you are limited to what kind of anthracite you can choose from as will have to match the centre caps?