Black 197 - HK57 Solihull Bypass

Haha good stuff :jase2: I'm over in Shirley, had just been over to Cov to pick up a mountain bike. How about you?

I'm in Solihull. Not far from where you saw me. Not sure if it's the same one but I've saw a RB 197 a few times on dovehouse lane not sure if it was you or not. Any mods to yours? Dark wheels look nice. Couldn't see if they were black or anthricite.

Likely to have been me, often drive between Marston Green (GF's house) and Shirley - there's another RB 197 around Solihull too, 07 plate I think

Wheels are gloss black but they're absolutely disgusting haha (the finish not the colour), they were obviously very cheaply sprayed before I bought the car and need a full strip and powder coat whenever I get some spare money.

No real mods, it's pretty stock other than wind deflectors and powerflex engine mounts. I keep telling myself I'll get an exhaust and remap at some point along with some Eibach's and spacers but I've been saying that for about 8 months now so we'll see haha

Mine also need a refurb its just being able to have the car off the road whilst it's being done.

If you're are an exhaust for the sound improvements over performance id recommend the silencer delete as a stop gap until you get a full system. Improves the sound so much and sounds amazing.

have you got a full engine mount kit? I have the torque mount and dog bone. Was worried about vibration having all 4 whilst driving t daily but I've got used to the vibration from the two so maybe four wouldn't be too bad after a while.

There's a place in Yardley called Speedwells that I was recommended. £40 per wheel powder coating, 24 hour turn around, and I think they can even supply spare wheels for you if you want to keep car on the road while they do it. FB link here if you're interested - https://www.facebook.com/speedwells.alloys/

I had considered the silencer delete but was reluctant in case of any drone at motorway speeds.

Originally I had both top mounts fitted (upper engine and torque arm) and after about 6 months, had the upper engine removed (vibration got annoying) and added the lower engine mount. So now running torque arm + lower/dog bone and the car feels just as sharp to drive, but without all the vibration. Considering getting the gearbox mount done too, although waiting for Pav (forum member) to install his and get some feedback first. IMO avoid the upper engine mount, it just isn't worth it :smile: