Bit weird but what fuel?

michaelsyer

Gold Member
I have a bp in my town so its normally bp ultimate. if i can i will use shell v power. However i went up north today and the only garage around was a tesco, i filled up on their tesco momentum i think its called? and my clio 197 on motorways most of the way done 150 miles on a quarter of tank. Even with bp ultimate or shell v power it has never done that well before any thoughts?

Momentum is 99Ron
V Power is 98/99Ron? New Nitro+ is 99
BP Ultimate is 97Ron
(You can get BP Ultimate 102 Ron in germany!)

Basically the higher the number mean it burns/explodes more effeciently in your engine and therefor leaves less deposits/cloggin on needles and stuff.

Its all explained online about RON / Octane rating, quite interesting on how different on effect the engines and how cars fuel maps can adjust etc.

VPower all the way. This isn't a car for being economic. Go for what it runs best on. When we got our 197 the guy before had used Tesco Momentum as he wanted to save the points. We've had a few full tanks of VPower in it since and I'm convinced it's running slightly better.

I know in the M if I use Momentum it feels super urgent, like noticeably so, but general running is significantly better on the Shell. When Shell changed over to Nitro it took my car two full tanks to get used to it. Ran like a dog for a bit while the flux capacitors adapted.

Anyway, VPower is best. There are a few proper comparisons online you could look at. It's definitely the best in my experience.

I have a bp in my town so its normally bp ultimate. if i can i will use shell v power. However i went up north today and the only garage around was a tesco, i filled up on their tesco momentum i think its called? and my clio 197 on motorways most of the way done 150 miles on a quarter of tank. Even with bp ultimate or shell v power it has never done that well before any thoughts?

wind behind or downhill

im not sure lol, i came from up north down south, i just sat at 75 on cruise control it was weird because i know i done 150 miles but the range computer only went down 80.. so it may just be my computer is broken...

I used to run mine on V power Racing in Germany. I think it was about 105 I swear it made a difference.

Just switched to VPower after about 6months of Tesco 99 Momentum.

Clio seems to run better on the VPower, most noticeably from cold. Fuel consumption seems to be about the same.

Yeah V Power ftw :smiley: Plus I like what Shell have done with the Fill Up & Go on the forecourts.

OP: I don't think your computer will be broken - the range will vary depending on your driving style. Because you were driving economically, that will increase the range. The opposite applies: if you rag the nuts off it you may only cover 5 miles, however the range will drop a lot more....:headphone: