bit depressing!

Foxspeed

"the new red baron"
read a couple of articles on motoring and the follow is on the horizon!!

talk of road/motorway tolls again....

tread depth cameras.....

tyre tread cameras??? how the hell can that work?

also, any toll can only work if they scrap the road tax, which doesnt go to pay for roads anyway...

Tolls is all we need like were not being screwed enough with Fuel Prices, Insurance, Road Tax, Tolls will just about finish it off for any delivery based company's

How the he'll would a camera be able to tell the depth of tread you got
Has for tolls scrap road tax and it won't be so bad

tyre tread cameras??? how the hell can that work?

also, any toll can only work if they scrap the road tax, which doesnt go to pay for roads anyway...

m6 toll road anyone.....normal m6 still rammed with traffic :chair:

How the he'll would a camera be able to tell the depth of tread you got
Has for tolls scrap road tax and it won't be so bad

it uses cameras and lazers in the road surface....looks like a grate you run over :bat:

So they will check average speeds through the tolls one would guess, and with the anpr at each toll gate as well, big brother is not only watching you the're tracking you too.

So they will check average speeds through the tolls one would guess, and with the anpr at each toll gate as well, big brother is not only watching you the're tracking you too.

it is!

when london got bombed they struggled to find the bombers but if you had not paid your congestion charge you would have a letter/fine waiting for you a couple of days later....more interested in getting money out of you than keeping you actually safe!!!! :bat:

I am all for ANPR in more places, they just need to follow through when they find people driving without licenses, disqualified, no insurance etc etc....

From my own perspective I don't mind about tolls etc as I rarely go anywhere they will be applied, however I do resent the fact it mean that everything you do will be monitored!

Have to agree on the ANPR thing get the scum of the roads and get our insurance down (won't happen though)

Roy, insurance wil never go down, they will always find a reason to put it up another 30% year after year. It really pee's me off, 16yrs ncd clean DL and its gone up every year without fail.

Roy, insurance wil never go down, they will always find a reason to put it up another 30% year after year. It really pee's me off, 16yrs ncd clean DL and its gone up every year without fail.

I know what you mean 30 yrs no claims and clean licence still goes up lol

regarding insurance my insurance hasnt went up, Im due to renew in 2 weeks and just had an accident that was my own fault. Last year was £660 appx, and this year including the accident and not gaining the extra years no claims (so still 5 years ncd, with 6 points in the last 5 years [2007+2008]) ... £650.

Thanks Admiral, 3rd year in a row you rocked my socks off. :thumbup1:

Back on topic, cant understand why they cant make the rubber after 1.6mm a different colour. Say red? Then it would stand out like a soar thumb.

The tolls i dont see why they can be of any benefit. If you dont want people to use a road, then close it. It only affects the average joe blogs. Its like road tax on expensive cars, its not high enough to discourage people so why bother.

Government cant do anything with conviction.

If you dont want people buying expensive cars, make the road tax 10k per year.
If you dont want people smoking, ban them.
If you dont want them to drive down the M6, close it.

Ah, forgot about all the lovely tax it generates... ah well thats ok then.