Bilstein B14 Coilovers

Does look good that. Last time I enquired with Tweeks they only had it listed for the 139ps model of the Clio and were unable to tell me if the spring rate would be right for the axel weights on the 197. But looking at that the problem is finally solved.

Bilstein always make quality products. And thier spring and damping rates tend to be very good.

I am very tempted by these. Good price, good quality product, and as mentioned, cant see Bilstein making a balls up!!

Any 200 registered from late 2010 and after have use different struts anf top mounts.

From the K-Tech website: "Please note this kit is not suitable for cars with Cup pack registered after June 2011."

I'd suggest everyone google 'spax vs bilstein' and see what the general consensus is (the 3rd results down is a laugh anyway).

If it were my money I'd go for the Bilsteins simply because I'd probably never bother adjusting dampening beyond the initial setup.

Damper adjustments are a must for anyone using their car on track really, not just a gimmick. The difference it makes is quite substantial. What feels stiff on the road feels very rolly on a smooth track.

I'd suggest everyone google 'spax vs bilstein' and see what the general consensus is (the 3rd results down is a laugh anyway).

If it were my money I'd go for the Bilsteins simply because I'd probably never bother adjusting dampening beyond the initial setup.

I see a LOT of knocking Bilsteins and H&R's (which use bilstein dampers) They certainly give a good ride when they are new, but they have an issue, which I've noticed heavily over the last 3 years. I hope they fix it, but I've not seen any improvement in quality, hence I started looking elsewhere. Spax are tested on real roads, and not just smooth racetracks, so they're designed for road use/durability

I see a LOT of knocking Bilsteins and H&R's (which use bilstein dampers) They certainly give a good ride when they are new, but they have an issue, which I've noticed heavily over the last 3 years. I hope they fix it, but I've not seen any improvement in quality, hence I started looking elsewhere. Spax are tested on real roads, and not just smooth racetracks, so they're designed for road use/durability

Don't take it the wrong way I wasn't trying to start an argument but in reality no one in this thread has tested either side by side but Bilstein do have the better name.

Supposedly the Bilsteins were developed on the Ring if the spiel is to be believed and that's hardly smooth, ok so it's not as potholed as a Sheffield road but I'm sure they abused them enough.

p.s. in reality I wouldnt buy either and just spend some of the money on better rubber :tongueout:

Last edited:
"Please note this kit is not suitable for cars with Cup pack registered after June 2011"

so what happens to all thos people who have a car registered in July 2011 that has been sat in a dealers showroom for a year?

i would be careful about that statement as there was a few late 2010 cup models with the changed struts/top mounts