Bigger injectors, any point?

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
Just a quick question is there any point in butting bigger injectors into my 200? ATM it's running 64mm TB,itg panel filter and secondary decat and soon to be supersprint racing exhaust, ported polished and matched inlets and a remap.but would it be worth putting bigger injectors or would it be a waste of money?
Cheers

Just a quick question is there any point in butting bigger injectors into my 200? ATM it's running 64mm TB,itg panel filter and secondary decat and soon to be supersprint racing exhaust, ported polished and matched inlets and a remap.but would it be worth putting bigger injectors or would it be a waste of money?
Cheers
Not really heard many people doing this, maybe after cams it might benifit? Out of interest who will map the car? I'm in inverness so not far away from you

Not really heard many people doing this, maybe after cams it might benifit? Out of interest who will map the car? I'm in inverness so not far away from you

rs tuning. believe everyone gets their maps from here all barring k tec.

Injectors you only need if your going forced induction

you only need bigger injectors if they are near thier maximum duty cycle. Which I doubt yours are. But the person remapping your car should be able to advise you.

litchys 197 engine was running 210bhp on honest rollers at RS Tuning so thats like 220bhp if not more everywhere else and i think he was told by the the man in the know that you won't get much more

seriously not trying to be funny here mate but even with all your mods you'll do well to push low 190's

these cars don't make the figures they say on the tin,ask anyone

bigger injectors would be more pointless than the enlarged throttle body. Standards are big enough to flow in the region of 220bhp and you won't hit that by a large margin.

litchys 197 engine was running 210bhp on honest rollers at RS Tuning so thats like 220bhp if not more everywhere else and i think he was told by the the man in the know that you won't get much more

seriously not trying to be funny here mate but even with all your mods you'll do well to push low 190's

these cars don't make the figures they say on the tin,ask anyone

Correct Mr Henderson.....hence FI. If I'm being honest 210bhp didnt feel that much different to pre-cams 196 bhp. Certainly not for the outlay and heartache.

I'd be going to Ricky Gauld just between foggie and Huntley or Wallace proformance in altens Aberdeen, I'd be more inclined to go with Ricky he's been doing this longer than any of the tuning company's up here I'm sure he started in the 60s mostly with hill climb cars. Hope that helps :smile:

So unless I was going for a supercharger anything soon not really any point in doing so?

bigger injectors would be more pointless than the enlarged throttle body. Standards are big enough to flow in the region of 220bhp and you won't hit that by a large margin.

thats not neccessary correct, even thou the enlarged throttle body may not give alot if any gains in power etc, the change it made to the drive of the car is definately not pointless