beyond obsesive!

I have been told tonight by a couple of neighbours that I'm over obsessive about how much I clean and polish my car, been getting ready for fcs for the last week as I'm doing it all after work, which has included

Wheels off, arch, caliper and deep clean with wonderwheels on alloys.(3 evenings)
shampoo and rinse (last night)
wheel re-ferb (this morning)
Rinse off tonight and full body work clay. (Including masking tape for...)

T-cut all body work tomorrow, then wax before Friday!

Sound obsessive?????

All was sounding good until you mentioned t-cut. There are much better polishes out there. What you want is a polish that removes dirt and light scratches not one that masks them with a dark coloured chemical. Colour charging is a gimic really, dodo juice showed that with multiple coats you can make a tiny difference but that's with a non abrasive wax. With an abrasive polish I doubt it would work.

Last edited:
Sounds about normal to me, however I know everyone is already having a go about the tcut for some one who takes pride in the detail its a bad idea has allot of ammonia in it so long term won't do the pait any good the finish is basically a living thing and ammonia is poison to it. I could bang on all day just watch drive clean in the drive you tube channel it will also make you feel better about this mild obsession.
all that said good work fella!

So basically everyone is telling me to get my wallet out and go buy a decent polish from halfords first thing tomorrow??
Meguiers or autoglym??

That's not OCD mate, trust me, I genuinely have it, that's taking a bit of pride in what you do, nothing wrong with that. looks like its not just me with dumb ass neighbours......

That's not OCD mate, trust me, I genuinely have it, that's taking a bit of pride in what you do, nothing wrong with that. looks like its not just me with dumb ass neighbours......
Phew! another OCD person with wash your car once a year with fairy neighbors!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Abdulla Ali Al Ali Clio 200 Area 3