Best product for exterior black plastics........

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
For some parts i've been using Auto Finesse Revive.

Great stuff that dries quick, isnt tacky / doesnt attract dust, in the past has revived greying trim etc etc. But......its effect doesnt last all that long.

Anything worth trying that wont attract dust, definately blackens and lasts a while ?

Anything meguiars sell (Ultimate Black worth a shot ?), so i can grab from Halfords and use this weekend ?

Last edited:
I used autoglym instant tyre dressing on my rear diffuser the other day (197).
That worked well. Not entirely sure it meant for that though!

^^^ Agreed. But let the rag absorb some and you then don't even have to apply it from the bottle. I always used to keep the rag and not wash it for the next time.

In my experience all back-to-black products I've used on the exterior require re-applying every 2-3 washes, never seems to last forever, even 6 months is optimistic haha :smile:

[MENTION=54245]sevenfourate[/MENTION] - that's weird, I use Auto Finesse Revive on all my plastics and it lasts for ages. I used the Autoglym stuff before and although it brought up the plastics nicely it didn't last anywhere near as long as the Revive.

@sevenfourate - that's weird, I use Auto Finesse Revive on all my plastics and it lasts for ages. I used the Autoglym stuff before and although it brought up the plastics nicely it didn't last anywhere near as long as the Revive.

The revive is good. Really good.....

Just my 2nd bottle is about to run out and I wondered if there is anything better. And available quickly !

To be fair - the stuff I now have left is a little watery and perhaps not quite as good as it could / should be. A product of not shaking properly before use, which this stuff needs as it does seperate a little.

I used autoglym instant tyre dressing on my rear diffuser the other day (197).
That worked well. Not entirely sure it meant for that though!

Second that. Not sure it's meant for it but brings the plastics up well and has a nice, wet look shine to them.

I bottled it (No pun intended) and bought another bottle of Auto Finesse Revive in the end.

Better the 'devil' you know............

Reactions: LOCKE
honestly it's been ok with me.....im sure they are better products on the market..gotta finish this one first and then i'll probably try something else...

I think the important thing with the exterior plastics is the initial prep. I will always wipe down the plastics before a major detail with isopropyl (IPA) then dress after every wash. I've tried C4 but still dressed the plastics after so kind of defeating the purpose of C4 to begin with.

Reactions: sevenfourate
With plastics i find that if you dont keep on top of them they will just go back to there normal gery/dull looking.

Revive is one of the best to use IMO and is very easy to use.

Have never tryed it but what about using a heat gun?

Reactions: sevenfourate
With plastics i find that if you dont keep on top of them they will just go back to there normal gery/dull looking.

Revive is one of the best to use IMO and is very easy to use.

Have never tryed it but what about using a heat gun?

None of my plastics are greying - thankfully :smile:

Revive is awesome. I've not tried many - but couldn't ask for anything more i dont think.

I've read about and seen videos of using heat-guns. Need big kahuna's for that though. Especially on your own car !!!

Reactions: Adam_C
None of my plastics are greying - thankfully :smile:

Revive is awesome. I've not tried many - but couldn't ask for anything more i dont think.

I've read about and seen videos of using heat-guns. Need big kahuna's for that though. Especially on your own car !!!

Is there anything you can actually do to prevent plastics from greying??.

Revive i think is best value for money, just apply and then wipe of after leaving to dry for 5-10mins ish.

I would deffo not be using heat-guns on my own car, like you say would need big kahuna's for it.

I cringe when i read people wet sanding there cars and polishing them back up! but my god does it come up a treat when done properly!

Similar Thread Suggestions