Best peformance mod for around £500

nicfred

Gold Member
Looking for the best perfomance mod for around £500?
Should i go for an cat back exhaust or should i go for a k tech renflash?
I spoke to k tec and told them i would like to have some more power but also be able to re vert back to standard, obviously with the exhaust bolt on bolt off, with the the renflash k tec said that this will also allow me to be able to remap to there spec and then revert back to satndard?

What ya reckon :driveby:

Center silencer removal, Sprintbooster, 64mm throttle body and some change left over for a few jars, might even have enough for a ktec induction kit too.

So looks like the exhaust over the renflash, but which one, ha ha.
i want to keep the original exhaust in one piece for when i sell , so i guess just buy a de cat and rear exhaust

So looks like the exhaust over the renflash, but which one, ha ha.
i want to keep the original exhaust in one piece for when i sell , so i guess just buy a de cat and rear exhaust
Exhaust all day long!might have my K-TEC catback for sale soon:thumbup1:

how comes so many people recommend a center silencer removal as a performance mod, when all it does regarding performance is increasing the annoying flatspot?

how comes so many people recommend a center silencer removal as a performance mod, when all it does regarding performance is increasing the annoying flatspot?

I never noticed the flatspot tbh simply because I drove around it.

A complete exhaust will give you the same flatspot anyway and tbf a new exhaust isn't gonna give you that much Performance on a Clio, an induction kit and remap will give you far more

Four Federal 595-RSRs and centre silencer removal.

How good are the 595-rsr's? i got some a048 2nd hand,and to be honest wasnt overly impressed with them, they did give me maybe a second a lap over my road tyres but for the cost of them new i would have expected a little more ( as they were used i dont really know how they were stored, used etc etc and if they may have had already there day before i got them)

The car is not to be used on the road, for race only, so when against other more bhp cars i just feel like i need a little more?
it does still have the complete syandard exhaust on.

The thing with the Clio is that there isnt one mod that makes a massive difference. Its all down to the sum of all pasts. If you want performance then you have to spend lots of Pennies.

The thing with the Clio is that there isnt one mod that makes a massive difference. Its all down to the sum of all pasts. If you want performance then you have to spend lots of Pennies.

As i am going to do the both series (Michelin clio, car needs to be a standard car, not done the meetings yet but car has all the kit and is ready to go, its just the entry costs being higher stopping me at the minute and to only race with 4 cars) and then the Nippon challenge/French trophy series ( can mod the car) so i want to revert to standard for the Michelin and then change to a big fire breathing mother for the other series, ha ha
So whats the best route, cat back or renflash or both, didnt really want to start getting the engine to bits at this stage, just want a little more
Is the sprint booster worth the money or not, seems to be a mix
Oh yeh meeting is next weekend, so need to get a move on, ha ha

Regarding the flatspot as I've got a decat and silencer romoved, it's does make it worse....If you boot it from 1500 rpm. If you boot it and keep revs above 3000, and change gear so revs don't drop below 3000, no flat spot.