best number plate bulbs

hi,

was looking at KAT the other day and think she needs some new bulbs for the number plate, the current ones are yellowy and give a fan like shadow, just wondered what you suggest to brighten her up. pointless hubby having the private plate if you cannot see it in its glory

I have got some LED ones on mine. They give a more xenon sort of shine. I got mine off ebay, but I wasn't very impressed with the quality of them. I had to fiddle around with them to get them to work. So you might be best off paying that bit extra to get some better ones, although I wouls say ebay is probably your best bet. You need the 360 degree ones, if you buy normal LED ones, the bulb on the left shines too far to the left and not on the number plate.

How do you get at the bulbs? (Stupid question i know!!)

I popped one of the bulb casings out of the body work the other day to have a nosey but couldn't get the clear plastic lens off to get at the bulb!

Look at the back of black casing, you'll see two tabs you just pry out slightly and the clear lens unhooks from the same end :smile:

The wires on the bulbs sometimes just need moving slightly to the side to get them working, i had the same problem :wink:

I got the same bulbs as arran and thought they put too much light onto the number plate, so fitted some single LED ones which light the plate up streaky - stops people reading it as easily :wink: