Best introduce myself - r27 no462

Well as Adrian already knows I bought his old Clio from clivesons last weekend and I picked it up Saturday just gone and am really enjoying the car so far

A little about me

From Bradford

Mechanical engineer - cnc machinist

The car

I'm sure most of you will know the car as Adrian's old one, I'm still learning as Ireland these forums as to what does what and what spec comes with what but from what I can gather this is well spec'd up.

The reason for me buying one is that I have been on with building a 106 track car on my days off from work (work a rolling 3 on 3 off day system) so have had a shed of a 106 to get me about to and from work, this allowed me to save for the nice parts for the 106 track car and also save a little towards a nice new daily runner hence the Clio coming along.

I saw a racing blue one driving down the road and fell in love with the colour, that night after a browse on auto trader I found one local, in the colour and I had to have the seats, arranged a viewing and it went from there really

When she arrived home yesterday

4fd56af9.jpg

5d3e2477.jpg

Really pleased with her but just 2 slight niggles

There seams to be a flat spot / hesitation as you get your foot on the throttle? Seams as though it try's and then just kicks into life again if anyone has any ideas?

The rear lights are not a matching pair and 1 is cracked but I have been in touch with Adrian and hopefully he still has the rear lights that he was going to replace these with

Just some new rubber and jobs a good un

And credit to Adrian for keeping the car in the condition it is in, the interior is immaculate and the outside cannot find any faults.

She is in good hands Adrian and I will be sure to keep checking back here for any issues or questions I may have, the forum seams friendly and very helpfull from what I have seen so far

Ps for those interested here is my 106 blog, that's very nearly there now

http://www.106owners.co.uk/forums/s...build-painted-bonnet/page19&highlight=Scottys

Last edited:
What a wee beastie this is!! I've been out in this very car in Rural Scotland:

_MG_1033.jpg

Got a stunner there dude!! Please stay on here so Adrian can keep an eye on her :wink:

Oh! And a pic of Adrian's and our 200 up the West Coast of Scotland (Mike took the pic):

225781_10150711598305464_673690463_19354835_5270533_n.jpg

Welcome along officially Scotty ! Nice to see it has an enthusiastic new owner. I didn't notice your job until reading through again, but I too am a CNC Machinist - what a weird coincidence !!

The 197 is well known for having a slight flatspot at 2500rpm. I took it to Renault and they did a software update to rectify the problem but it didn't really do much. After I fitted the ktec exhaust and had it re-mapped there was a huge improvement but it is still there, just nowhere near as bad as it was. You can see it on the rolling road printout that I put with the documents.

I still have the rear lights just never got around to fitting them! Are you planning to attend the Swissvax meet on the 26th in Knaresborough? If so I can bring them with me.

What a wee beastie this is!! I've been out in this very car in Rural Scotland:

_MG_1033.jpg

Got a stunner there dude!! Please stay on here so Adrian can keep an eye on her :wink:

That was a great day - weather aside !!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah I did read about a the flat spot after a quick search of the forum.

As for a meet Adrian I'm in work that Saturday (the joys of working shifts) plus my 106 is going away for mapping on the 24th so a mad rush here and there to get that finished.

I'm sure I will start attending the meets and get to know the Clio scene a little better, as i also found through 106 ownership the people you meet along the way are sometimes very handy to know and make some great friendships

thats a nice looking motor congrats.. what colour is that racing blue ? i am after one myself and yours without the rear spolier looks very nice...

thats a nice looking motor congrats.. what colour is that racing blue ? i am after one myself and yours without the rear spolier looks very nice...

I did point you in the direction of my old car when it was for sale !!