Best headlamp bulbs

well was enjoying a back Cornish road late last night when n/s dip went out. Holy cow couldn't see a thing. So rather than replace one I may as well upgrade both. So what's best as they weren't great anyway. Can you fit led ? I've no idea .lol. I gather they are h7. Sorry if this been posted millions of times but if I'm going to cut my wrists changing them I only want to bleed once

well was enjoying a back Cornish road late last night when n/s dip went out. Holy cow couldn't see a thing. So rather than replace one I may as well upgrade both. So what's best as they weren't great anyway. Can you fit led ? I've no idea .lol. I gather they are h7. Sorry if this been posted millions of times but if I'm going to cut my wrists changing them I only want to bleed once

It depends if you've got a 197, a 200 or a 200T?

Not certain on 200 ones, but 197's are:

If reflector headlights, h7 main beam and dipped
Projectors = h1 dipped and h7 main beam.

200T= h7 dipped and h1 main beam

You can't really use led, as the light output won't be good enough and the reflector headlights won't put the light in the right place

Hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: ///M
It depends if you've got a 197, a 200 or a 200T?

Not certain on 200 ones, but 197's are:

If reflector headlights, h7 main beam and dipped
Projectors = h1 dipped and h7 main beam.

200T= h7 dipped and h1 main beam

You can't really use led, as the light output won't be good enough and the reflector headlights won't put the light in the right place

Hope this helps a bit.
Ha sorry 197 standard lights

Replace those with normal premium bulbs, like osram/philips. 4-5£ each.
Those nightbreakers and other "+150%" bulbs do have short lifespan, and not so much better.. but expensive.

Philips diamond vision superb bulbs - Had a set on the wifes vw up and one dies after about 11 months, they were exchanged by seller on amazon no problems.