Best carbon wrap..?

Gez

Moderator & South Wales Rep
Hi all,

I've bought Renaultsport Carbon end plates for my Cup spoiler, and I also want to carbon wrap my front Blade on my 200 front bumper.

Whats the best Carbon wrap to use? I'd like to get a glossy finish like the end plates?

once that's done I think Carbon mirror covers will be looked into, shame that you can't buy a real Carbon blade to go with everything else

Gez

shame that you can't buy a real Carbon blade to go with everything else

Gez

Yes you can: http://streamlinecarbon.com/v2/products-page/clio-3-incl-197-200/clio-rs-200-f1-blade/

Not cheap though at £399.99. Infact you cam get a whole carbon front end if you wish though that will cost you a grand (£1000).

And ALL carbon wrap looks rubbish. None looks real and the best you can get (3M di-Noc stuff) can't be lacquered as its porous and it absorbs the clear coat so you end up with what effectively looks like plain black vinyl as you look of the textured vinyl.

Last edited:
So it seems you can! LoL

i meant just the lower half 'blade' section I was after. Don't fancy spending £400 on changing the whole thing.

Whats the best wrap?

Ohhhhhh! I see the lower blade is that price!

i suppose it's not 'too' bad considering the size, the mirrors are £200 and these carbon ends are £150'ish

I can't remember whether Hexis or 3M now do a gloss carbon wrap that's actually pretty decent. It would be pretty tricky to apply to that shape though and isn't the cheapest in the range if you mess up a few times it could cost you a couple hundred quid.
Perhaps get a few things carbon dipped to see what it looks like, It's come a long way in the past year or two in terms of finish compared to the real stuff. A lot cheaper than real and if all the parts are done the same it'll look consistent.