Best and worst mod

Best: taking out silencer, best 30quid I've ever spent on a car!!!

Worst: nothing as of yet, but was small aerial until I got a new head unit which cured the bad reception

Just didnt like the feel of the car mate, changed it more than i expected, not as sharp on turn in for me. Dont really no how to explain it but it didnt feel 'right'.

Did you have the 225's all round? Audi have put wider tyres on the front than the back on the new RS3, I was wondering if this would make a difference to the clio's handling.

Did you have the 225's all round? Audi have put wider tyres on the front than the back on the new RS3, I was wondering if this would make a difference to the clio's handling.

Yeah i did mate. Some people might like it but it wasnt for me, i drive it hard and really load up but i didnt like the feel. Just didnt work for me :smile:

Wonder why they have don that? I know Lotus used to put wider tyres on the rear and have quite narrow tyres on the front this made them turn in sharper etc.

I have 225's on mine and not noticed any differance at all apart from bringing the speedo down 1 mph making it more in line with what the GPS reads.

Best: quaife diff

Worst: ast solid top mounts. They do not fit kw coilovers no matter how many times they get sent back for a 'redesign' ( about 7 over a 12 month period ).

Worse: X85 Cup front anti-roll bar. Unless you have extensively modified your chassis, avoid.

May I ask why the cup ARB didn't work for you? I was thinking to upgrade it together with the 200 cup rack but now I'm having second thoughts about it. Any input very much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Just didnt like the feel of the car mate, changed it more than i expected, not as sharp on turn in for me. Dont really no how to explain it but it didnt feel 'right'.

May I ask, did you fit 225s on the 17'' wheels or you've upgraded to 18''? Bacause as far as I'm aware Renault fits 225s-18'' on the Raider edition don't they? Just wondering if they got it wrong:mellow:

May I ask, did you fit 225s on the 17'' wheels or you've upgraded to 18''? Bacause as far as I'm aware Renault fits 225s-18'' on the Raider edition don't they? Just wondering if they got it wrong:mellow:

215/40 on the raider....i have asked the question to ruk!!!

May I ask why the cup ARB didn't work for you? I was thinking to upgrade it together with the 200 cup rack but now I'mhaving second thoughts about it. Any input very much appreciated. Thanks

It just made the car understeer. I fitted it in a rush as we were dropping the subframe for another issue, without researching properly. If you do some research into front ARB's on FWD cars you will find that they aren't really a good thing and stop the front end from biting. The main reason for fitting a thicker front ARB is to tame a loose rear end. If you don't find your rear is too wild then you don't need a thicker front ARB.

It is quite a job to fit, don't make the same mistake I did. A mistake I am happy to admit to save others the aggro.

As for the 200 cup rack, there is very little if any noticeable difference. We compared the turns lock to lock with the original and it is quicker, but not so as you would notice in normal driving.

Having used my car a lot, all I would recommend chassis wise is the posh discs and pads - if you do track work. Otherwise leave the bloody thing alone and put the cash aside for repairs or for something special. Don't get me wrong, I love modifying, did loads with my last car, but with the Clio the standard spec really does take some beating.

Best: Projector headlights + HIDs for the 200.
Worst: Potentially the recaros on a purely financial basis! :glare:

Best: Auto dim rear view mirror

Worst: Renault wind deflectors - personal thing, I just prefer the Team Heko ones.

My only mod is 225/45/17 tyres. To state only the tyre size is telling part of the story though. I had the standard 215 CS3's and the car was good, I changed to 225/45 CS3s all round and it was better. Now I have 225/45 Vred Ultrac Sessanta's and they are noticeably better than the CS3's in all conditions.

Incidentally for a laugh I tried CS3's with 225 fronts and 215 rears. It felt better than 215 all round but the rear felt lighter but not dangerously lighter. I should note it was in dry conditions in summer when I did this. When I fitted 225 CS3's all round it had a more planted feel to the rear which felt better than wider fronts than rears. A predictable result tbh.

My only mod is 225/45/17 tyres. To state only the tyre size is telling part of the story though. I had the standard 215 CS3's and the car was good, I changed to 225/45 CS3s all round and it was better. Now I have 225/45 Vred Ultrac Sessanta's and they are noticeably better than the CS3's in all conditions.

Incidentally for a laugh I tried CS3's with 225 fronts and 215 rears. It felt better than 215 all round but the rear felt lighter but not dangerously lighter. I should note it was in dry conditions in summer when I did this. When I fitted 225 CS3's all round it had a more planted feel to the rear which felt better than wider fronts than rears. A predictable result tbh.

my brain turned to a pot noodle reading that

:lol: