200: Becoming that which i hated

Ive just come from a Fiesta ST, cheap and cheerful mate and easy to get more out of the engine. No need to worry about a cambelt change either lol as they are chain driven.

Ive just come from a Fiesta ST, cheap and cheerful mate and easy to get more out of the engine. No need to worry about a cambelt change either lol as they are chain driven.

its N/A powered to so i cant see it being easier to get more power than u can with the RS

nah its so much easier to get power from compared to the clio as theres a lot more products on the market so theres plenty of tuners/developers to choose from. Of course tuning costs though so depends if the budgets there

nah its so much easier to get power from compared to the clio as theres a lot more products on the market so theres plenty of tuners/developers to choose from. Of course tuning costs though so depends if the budgets there

true mate. my mate had a fiesta ST and he had plans of putting all sorts in it but he decided to dig a hole in a field with it first and take some poor farmers fence along for the ride

if you stay N/A with a Fiesta the most you will see is 200bhp but you do have the option of forced induction where you can see 350+ buts thats a lot of wonga lol

i think they are quite juicy! my mum had just a cooper on a 53 plate and that was just as bad as the 200 on petrol maybe slightly better but not by alot!

I'd say mini if you can find a decent spec one as lots of bits you generally get are options on the mini..

Engine wise they are rock solid. My short list when i got shot of the civic was - Mini S -Clio 197 - 207 GTi 170 or Brera

brera too small in the back
Mini one i set my eyes went
207 GTi was nice

but clio won on handling - saying that the mini and 207 pull pretty well and 207 has he same base engine block than the mini so reliability not so bad and respond well to tuning being supercharged/turbo lumps.

Or a civic 2.2 ictdi - Mine was remapped by celtic and very quick (poor handling compared to the clio though lol)

I've just got rid of the 197 for 182...not quite the same, but not as painful as i thought. 10mpg more on the current tank too....

Someone mentioned the engines being rock solid in the Cooper S ?? As far as I'm aware its the same engine in the 207THP GTI ??? which is far from solid !! Timing chain issues blight this engine you only have to go on 207OC to see the threads with upset owners.

Owned both the above cars the older Minis also suffer from electrical gremlins like seat belt, tyre pressure, airbag, lights appearing on the dash with no fault found just need resetting which is a pain.

An older Mini will cost a fortune to maintain everyone we take in needs £500 spend on recon and that market really seems to have slowed down now.

Good luck though if you get one hope its a good one.