Baby on the way - Do I really need to can the 197?

da736f8a55c9034aa20c756cfecd835e.jpg

8f515757846303f39d69a0ebe8ce8582.jpg

cb302bc2db8c4eb6f914285b8b4af214.jpg

Checklist for my December road trip...
1. Pregnant wife
2. 1 year old daughter
3. Cooler box
4. Golf bag
5. Stroller
6. Camp cot and mattress
7. Luggage for 3, for a week
8. Spare wheel (full size 17" raider with Toyo R888)
9. Random carrier bags with munchies

Any further questions?

Where's the spare wheel? Surely that takes up most of the room... You've got tetris skills my friend...

Lol, it's under the red bag, stroller and golf bag. U will see the cooler is lower than everything else, because it's on the same level as the wheel. And u can see the white plastic sheet sticking out underneath the Wilson bag. I use that sheet to prevent the wheel from making the other stuff dirty.

The camp cot is in the rear seat footwell (right across), as that space is unused - my daughter's in her car seat... I doubt there was space for another bag of crisps in there, without compromising comfort levels.

Lol, it's under the red bag, stroller and golf bag. U will see the cooler is lower than everything else, because it's on the same level as the wheel. And u can see the white plastic sheet sticking out underneath the Wilson bag. I use that sheet to prevent the wheel from making the other stuff dirty.

The camp cot is in the rear seat footwell (right across), as that space is unused - my daughter's in her car seat... I doubt there was space for another bag of crisps in there, without compromising comfort levels.

How's fuel for traveling? Must be okay for motorway trips?

The Clio's arent bad on a run. Even with a bit of weight in them.

35-38 depending on how clear the traffic is. Consistency.

The South African version Clio's measure Litres/100km... Mine is around 8.1 on the long road, and 10.5 combined (bumper to bumper traffic for 20min in the mornings), cruising home, and when others in the car, and blasting around everywhere else lol... Not sure what the MPG conversion would be exactly... Google says 35 and 24 respectively... Our speed limit is 120kph (around 75mph). And that's using the cruise control most of the way at around 110kph... It should be noted that I have a K&N Apollo, custom manifold, full 63mm exhaust and no cats... With SW. 214bhp at the flywheel... 173 lb/ft

At 110 I'm only at around 3750 rpm... The noise only really starts from 4500... Bus as someone pointed out before, the kids prefer a noisy car! They instantly fall asleep to the tune somehow...

That's impressive shubz!
I used to just leave the baby seat in the car when I had a four door. You're only lifting them in and out of the car until they are 1-1.5 years old. They climb in and out after that.

Thanks numbnut.
And yeah the kids go into a fixed seat once they reach around 1 year old. As soon as the neck gets strong enough

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stevoox Spotted 9
G Gallery 2
N Gallery 1
Scotty H Gallery 24
B Gallery 5