awesome drive evo encounter

i was bored last night so i thought i would go for a drive so i started at home in chorlton onto the boring motorway i got off near glossop and started on the b roads through glossop and then onto one of my fave rounds, snakes pass.

on snakes pass there wasnt a car in sight so i had full beam and fogs on (blazzin) i wasnt really panning it on the straight but my god that clio just gets better and better, the amount of grip is immense and the way it picks up speed exiting a corner is uncanny.

i then ended up in lovely sheffield where i stopped for some v power and got chatting to a guy in a petrol station about his evo 6 and we decided to train back over snakes pass (i prefer to follow someone because then i know when to break ).

that evo was really impressive and we just plodded along on the straights and gave it some through the corners, watching the tail come round on that evo was rather cool aswell. when we arrived back in glossop we had another chat and went our seperate ways, i then started following signs for buxton and went along quiet a few nice long roads with some nice sweeping bends and nice straight.

i then ended up at my arch enemy, the cat and fiddle (this is were i nearly destroyed the 200 which taught me a very valuable lesson on not being an idiot and thinking ur the greatest drive in the world because i am not)

i started on it and yes they have installed average speed cameras (7 iirc) but wow that road can still be enjoyed at 50mph i dont care what anyone says i still really enjoyed some of the corners even at 50. i reset my computer so i could watch if my average mph went over 50 (which it didnt) then i ended up in macc and onto my favourate road which connect macclesfield to cheadle, its an awesome bit of tarmac and has an awesome banked corner that u can really get some boost out of, then back to my gfs about 30 quid down on fuel and a HUGE grin on my face.

all in all i think i had a pretty good night of perfect driving and the clio played an immense part of it
i also had my traction off on the cat and fiddle because i wouldnt be doing over 50 and u can really get it alot tighter round corners with it off.

lynden

Suprised you aint come across me an earpl yet!

The Cat and Fiddle ASC's are a complete farse, look at how they are placed, you can actually quite easily not get caught but them. Such as you can pull the sweet bit after the pub itself ont he way to Macc, but pull off and go back down the shortcut to the start lol.

Mainly to catch braindead bikers... if they read the rear of the bike... which they dont... oh hum...

sounds good

Sounds good mate, is yours the white clio 200 I see parked up on High Lane (or is it Edge Lane?) I pass that way on way to me parents house in Chorlton.

Seems like you enjoyed that then! Im glad Im not the only one who enjoys going out for a random drive! ;/

So the Cat and Fiddle hasn't been completely ruined then, as long as you can still enjoy it its not all bad. Like you say I dont see the point of the front-facing cameras though, they dont do anything to bikers!

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

The main part i think in that story is that you can enjoy the RS at below the speed limit! I often find myself taking bends that can be taken at high speeds at around 50mph and getting more pleasure out of it than high speeds.