Avon zv5?

Does anyone has any opinion on these tyres?

They are on an offer online for around £62 each so are affordable for me as I don't have a lot of money at the moment and desperatly need a couple of tyres.

Can't find any conclusive answers online or on the forum... help please :smile:

I had them on my 197 a while back. Very decent for a budget tyre in my opinion, I was more than happy with them. £62 is a very good price

Last edited:
Cool cheers for the info.
I need either 195/50r16, 205/50r16 or 205/45r16 in that order of preference due to rolling circumference...upon research it seems 205/50r15 looks like it has a much wider choice and in turn shows in the price differences. Or so it seems to me at least?

Oh right...found some rainsport 2 from the linky above (thank you) that are affordable...people can't shut up about these it seems and finding mixed reviewsnonnthe avons....is that a sign?!!

Also...do I pay more and stick with the 195 or go 205? But would have to run the 195 on the front/rear and 205 on the other end for a month til the other two can get replaced?

Im getting the car lowered by 40mm next week too so wondering about varying grip levels after that between running 195's and 205's

I've settled on going for the rainsport 2's as they seem to have a more solid rather than mixed review. And decided it'd best to stay on the same size for ease of purchase.

Thanks for the help though guys.

Thread can be closed now if needs be. :smile: