Average speed

Hi all,

Since I have some error messages popping up most probably caused by a mapping issue, I'm quite unsure 'bout everything the car does now...

So I have this rather stupid question:
Yesterday I was driving home from work and I had to stop for a closed railroad. As I was going through the trip computer, I noticed the average speed was actually counting down. After the train passed, I drove off and the average speed picked up again. A few kilometers further I stopped in front of a traffic light and once again the average speed was counting down. Is this a normal setting for the Clio or nor?

Wouldn't it be more logical that if one is at a standstill, the average speed would just freeze and than pick up again once the wheels start turning again? At least that's what the speedometer on my bicycle does...

It is the average speed while the engine is running, AFAIK, so the time you are stationary is time doing 0 km/h, which clearly brings down the average. Had you reset it recently?

It is the average speed while the engine is running, AFAIK, so the time you are stationary is time doing 0 km/h, which clearly brings down the average. Had you reset it recently?

Well yes actually, I did. I reset the trip computer after filling up the tank on Monday...

Speed = distance / time

That's how it works it out, when stationary time is increasing but distance is constant, therefore the average goes down.