Ashe's Clio RS197 - Updated 2nd July 2012

Its good to see you doing something different and the braces look good but looking on their website I can't see the rear anti-roll bar doing much? The mounts look very thin and fragile?

Renault-Clio-rear-ARB.jpg

Is it just a poor photo?

Its just poor photo. In reality it is a solid steel bar including the mount. They had to take consideration for road clearance and also... the rear diffuser. Not much place back under there.

You noticed any difference with these? Alot of people on here say they don't make a difference. Looks good!

Actually I had brought to Sepang track day with just the rear anti-roll bar on. Then it was when it was still a prototype.

I felt the back become very stable and I found it hard to throw the back out during hard cornering. The rear just stuck to the ground. The front couldn't keep up with the rear stability and lifted - not a very good thing - so we got them to make the front bars. Haven't brought the full set to track yet but on the road fast driving the car doesn't roll much.

Note: My RS197 is non-cup, no suspension upgrades done as well.

I'have UR's front strut bar, but still haven't mounted it.

IMAG0148.jpg

What about the front ARB? I heard something that you could buy it from Renault Sport (22mm). I got the prices for UR rear ARB and it's 2x the price of the front RS ARB. Why is that?

Any updates on the handling?

Last edited:
havent updated for so very long so quite there are a few things updated:
- APD Matched Inlet Manifold
- Hurricane Stainless Steel Air Filter (Replacing the K&N)
- LED interior lights (white)
- Heko Wind Deflectors
- RS Gear knob
- RS Steering wheel trim
- Federal RS-R tyres
- ORECA 4-Point Racing Harness
- Sparco FIA bucket seat sub-frame
- Alloy Recaro Pro-Racer Sidewall
- Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar
- Ultra Racing Front Member Bar
- Ultra Racing Rear Anti-Roll Bar

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The front strut bar fit under the covers perfectly. Feels that the car front does not lift as much when hard cornering.

Don't have many pictures but they will come :smile:

Just noticed that you managed to get some HEKO deflectors, how did you manage that? none of the places I try would ship outside Europe

I got mine from a dealer in Singapore. Had to pay a bit more than market price though but it was worth it. Where are you located?

Thanks Ashe, me from New Zealand. When you say it is from a dealer, was it a Renault dealer or a dealer who carries Heko?

Thanks
Philip

Paul: Yes I have the full set, now awaiting the fourth piece to be installed which is like the rear strut bar that everyone has except that mine would be a four-point. It is not yet listed on their website.

qtracing: http://www.infinitypowerzone.com/ these are the people i got it from who are based in singapore. Good luck!

My region, stuff for the clio is hard to come by and expensive to bring in, and tuning for ecu for the clio is not popular here... But currently I'm looking at something more to do for it. :smile:

Looks good.

Is the 4 point rear strut bar also from Ultra Racing?
Do you have a part number of it?

The rear sway bar on the Ultra racing website looks a bit fragile. Do you notice any difference in driving?

Do you have to drill to fit them or do they just bold on?

Last edited:
Looks good.

Is the 4 point rear strut bar also from Ultra Racing?
Do you have a part number of it?

The rear sway bar on the Ultra racing website looks a bit fragile. Do you notice any difference in driving?

Do you have to drill to fit them or do they just bold on?

As far as i know the four point H brace is mounted at the front end of the car i thought? Shows the catalyst in the picture doesnt it?

There is a guy on here who has the rear arb fitted who lives in Dubai and he did say it made a big difference.