Are recaros really worth the trouble

I chose them because i had issues with every seat made by renault... R5 gtt seat frames broke and bolster foam just disintegrated. Clio valver seat frame bent. Twingo rs seat squeaked in every corner... Recaros no issues apart from wear. But that's down to me not lifting my butt properly when climbing in/out :smile:

i've done 62,000 miles in mine i find them comfortable, more so than the Mondeo and the Mini we have now, the passenger seat is still original the drivers has had a new base because of wear, they don't make a noise they are made for the car this is so evident on the track.

I took my 88 year old gran out in mine last weekend, not only did she not complain about the seats (that she has done on EVERY car ive owned).... i forgot to clip in her seatbelt for the 2mile trip (oops!) and neither of us realised!

So they must be fairly good!!!

I took my 88 year old gran out in mine last weekend, not only did she not complain about the seats (that she has done on EVERY car ive owned).... i forgot to clip in her seatbelt for the 2mile trip (oops!) and neither of us realised!

So they must be fairly good!!!

I bet that looked a right sight lol

I really didnt see the point in recaros at first, I thought they were over rated and not worth the hassle (of paying for or finding a car with them in)... But then I sat in a demo 200 with them in and had to have them.

That led to me specifying a brand new 200 to £21k :tongueout:... No way I'd spend £21k on a clio. Second hands were still expensive and not many had recaros/ all the options I wanted.

Then I found that r27s had everything I wanted as standard, then it was just down to finding a few extras to make it special...

I'm so glad I Held out for a car with cup chassis and recaros, it just makes the whole thing that bit more special. They look brilliant and they hold you brilliantly.

I've noticed now that 'standard seats' let the interiors of other cars down. I'm going to be so let down if I ever buy a car without them in lol.

But the standard seats are just as supportive, just not as nice

For long journeys - no. In and out of the car often - no. Everyday driving - no. I hate mine

I've done hundreds of miles in mine and they were VERY comfortable. I think it depends on the person and what they each find comfotable. I drive mine everyday, for many many short journeys all without any issues.

I think anyone buying one needs to try a car with both seats to make there own mind up, much better than listening to a forum opionion.

Similar Thread Suggestions