Anyone with HID's?

Has anyone fitted HID's to the standard Clio 200 headlights?

I visited Demon Tweeks today to have a HID kit fitted only to be told it was not possible due to the way the bulb receives its power and they would not fit/work properly.

Settled for for some uprated PIAA bulbs in the end which are a vast improvement from standard bulbs.

Just curious if anyone has fitted a HID kit to standard headlights and how?

Thanks

You shouldn't fit them to anything other than projector types lights. Fitting them to reflectors blinds everyone in front and to the side, even carefully adjusted the reflectors just don't control the light well enough.

I understand it's not a good idea to fit to reflectors and they won't pass MOT, just wondered if it was even possible?

What is the best way to go about getting projectors for a 200 in case I decide to get a kit? Are they a straight swap?

I understand it's not a good idea to fit to reflectors and they won't pass MOT, just wondered if it was even possible?

What is the best way to go about getting projectors for a 200 in case I decide to get a kit? Are they a straight swap?

You can put xenons on any car, not sure if the clio engine bay has enough room? As you need to mount ballasts ect.

Someone must have done it on here.

I've got 35W in my standard ones, low and high beam mate, were very easy to fit! and yep straight swap just have to make sure you put the ballasts somewhere and tie them safely

Last edited:
Projectors are a straight swap, then you won't go round blinding everyone with hids in reflectors.

I've got an HID kit in my reflectors, (on a 197) and I've never had anyone flash me, passed MOT too.

I just went for a sensible 35w kit and all is fine.