Anyone with fixed buckets/non standard recaro alternative

Alright, I was wondering if anyone has any different seats, I don't really like the 200 recaros, and the 197 ones I'm seeing are still expensive yet really worn. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics/hearing suggestions on what to go for. Cheers.

I cant offer any alternatives, however, people WILL pay big bucks for the standard Recaros. See Stevoox as he is desperately after them. Once you agree a price, itll help you with your hunt for others more suitable.

I'm amazed at how expensive they still are worn and second hand, part of the reason I held out for one with them already fitted!
Hasn't someone on here recently fitted buckets from Demontweeks and made a custom bracket from box section? If I can find it I'll edit.

Iv been thinking fixed seats for a while now, some nice ones about, sparco and corbeau seem to be the ones iv been looking at

How does it work with MOTs if you have fixed seats that prevent access to the rear? Would just removing the rear seats so there is no reason for them to test them be acceptable?

I will be shamelessly following this route in a couple of weeks. Sat in a range of seats the other week and the Corbeau Pro Series were the best fit for my fat arse (XL), and the most supportive / comfortable.

Personally I cannot understand the obsession with the standard recaros. I don't find them a significant improvement over the standard seats which are already supportive for road driving.

GSM performance who are supplying them have been very good so far, including on price.

Yea I know what you mean, I can't justify swapping £1000 and my standard seats for something that's near enough the same but looks better

Didnt think much of the corbeau stuff when we tried more or less everything in the demon tweeks store

found the cobra stuff to be much better comfort wise than a lot more exotic and expensive stuff, and going through the forum to dt got us a much better offering than pretty much everywhere else

When I bought my Corbeau pro series seat I nearly bought the Cobra Suzuka but managed to get the Corbeau for £380 inc Vat so that swayed my decision a bit

@nicknameless - I think the GT width seat will be too wide for the car, even the standard size seat is quite tight

Dan

Didnt think much of the corbeau stuff when we tried more or less everything in the demon tweeks store

found the cobra stuff to be much better comfort wise than a lot more exotic and expensive stuff, and going through the forum to dt got us a much better offering than pretty much everywhere else

I did try all the cobra seats after seeing your's mike, but just felt the corbeau were a better fit for me. I suppose time will tell. Hoping I've made the right decision. GSM were nearer and price matched everything with a little discount on top - inc harnesses.

What didn't you like about the corbeau seats?

We have 2 suzuka pro in gt width in a 182 with no issues, 750 for the pair....

When I bought my Corbeau pro series seat I nearly bought the Cobra Suzuka but managed to get the Corbeau for £380 inc Vat so that swayed my decision a bit

@nicknameless - I think the GT width seat will be too wide for the car, even the standard size seat is quite tight

Dan

Oh feck don't tell me that.