Anyone know how to use AutoCAD?

E

Ed...

Getting the software today, trying to break into a new field of work by learning autoCAD I have 3 500 page books to read:worried: just wondered if any1 could show me the basics :smile:

i remember using that in school! that was good software and really easy to use, check for some basic tutorials. Thinkin of getting into design??

Where did you buy it from, thought it would be like £400 per licence...

lmfao no its £2600 for the 2012 software license on the full version :worried:

yeah I am trying to get into design mate.

as above I have 3 e-books to read AutoCAD for dummies, AutoCAD Secrets and AutoCAD 2012 "no experience required" :smile:

Most CAD packages are pretty similar, basic 3D modelling should be fairly simple. Get the basics and the rest should fall into place if reading the books too. FEA etc. is something that really requires training and experience so best leave that alone for now

2D drafting is relatively straight forward, especially in autocad. Try using any tutorials it has and look around the net for some or check youtube etc, I wouldnt bother with books if you can help it, they are overly complicated in my experience.

What sort of drawing are you looking to do?

Tecnical drawing as in architecture and design briefs for clients etc

Best thing I did was an evening class at college. We used Autocad 14, although that was around 10 years ago now so I cant remember anything anyway!

I've got autocad 2012 pro so it's quite advanced. Struggling to understand it really

Out of interest which jobs will you be looking into after learning autocad?

Just that in my experience (Engineering field) I've never come across a company which uses autocad. Most popular choices are probably solidworks and unigraphics

Not engineering mate, autocad technician is my desired job. Turning words Eg design breifs into working drawings. Kinda like what you see on grand designs when they show you what it will be like. Architects use technicians to do there drawings to save time I can hand draft but nowadays that's archaic so I'm having to learn autocad