Anyone got any photos of cup alloys in white??

I don't get what point you are trying to make. The OEM speedlines that are on the 197 were never offered in gloss black as an option, there is only one paint code for the black speedlines on a 197 and that's is satin black.

If yours are gloss black then they have been refurbished in that colour.

Mine are gloss black and have been from new.

This one was registed the same day as mine, also has gloss black speedlines.

There is also another 09 197 out there with gloss black speedlines, oddly enough registed on the same day, 17th march 2009, i can't find the link now but was for sale when i was looking for mine as i test drove it and an horse box drove into me.

I'm not going to split hairs over this, from the pictures you have linked its almost impossible to tell. However they look to be satin black. Like I said, if you find ones that are gloss black then they have been refurbished in that colour, it was never an option on the 197 or 200.

Look on the RUK site, it says very clearly "Renault i.d.17" speedline alloy wheels in satin black" And I know that is for the 200 but the 197 was the same, I remember asking and looking at a few when I purchased mine.

:thumbup1:

I bought my car as an unmolested 197, absolutley bone stock apart from the clio badge being removed, after speaking with the one and only previous owner he confirmed it was as it came to him and only removed the badge as he did'nt like it.

It's quite a late registed 197 and the other, same spec as mine grey one in the link looks to have gloss black wheels, it was registed on the same day as mine, late march 2009.

As was the one i test drove at the begining of this year and had the mishap in, that was exact same spec, registed on the same day and also had gloss black wheels, this was also the case on the fourth one i've seen, same spec, registed same day and also appeared, i say appeared because i've not seen it in the flesh only in pics but i can't find the link to that one but also appeared to have gloss black speedlines.

When i look at pics i can tell when wheels are satin and when they are gloss.

I have a spare set of speedline wheels i bought over time and from different places, two of these are satin and two are gloss, the gloss ones are gloss on the inside too, as i caught a kerb in march i used one of the satin wheels to replace it as it was 'as new' and the other three could do with painting so i'm running around with this satin wheel on the drivers side front.

When i clean the car i can clearly see the odd one out, even polishing it up and waxing gives it a bit of a shine but it's still not the same shiney as the gloss ones.

Perhaps the three cars and mine registed on the same day, same spec belong to a batch that happen to have gloss black wheels i don't know but they are definatly gloss black and have'nt been refurbished, as confirmed by the first owner.

I also have a flip out key, as did the other one i test drove and these are what come with the 200's but perhaps i'm imagining that too :clap: