Anyone fitted Spax RSX coilovers ??

Hi all,, anyone fitted the Spax RSX coilovers on here,, just wondering if they are any good.. A friend has them on his Type R and praises them..
They seem to have more height adjustment they others plus you can adjust the damping as well and they are just over £700..
After having KW V2's on my last car I said I would never buy anything else but they don't do a V2 for the 197 and the V3's are a little over my bugget...
So do I just go for V1's and have fixed rate damping or go for the Spax and have adjustable ???

Cheers

Will you not just bolt them on and leave 'em?

I've had Spax RSX on a previous car and they really were good. But once they'd been setup I didn't touch the settings again.

I fully understand why people go the coilover route, but I personally can't justify the extra cost over a good spring/damper setup.

I did have them on the firmest setting on my last car plus the V1's don't go as low as the V2's..
Just wondering if anyone had had any bad experiences with Spax kit really..

Thought in length about them. They are priced well at moment (around £650) but the cup dampers/H&R springs combo once settled is superb and I would argue feels like a £1000 coilover on a clio. Also cup shocks are only £60 each from stealler....

Thought in length about them. They are priced well at moment (around £650) but the cup dampers/H&R springs combo once settled is superb and I would argue feels like a £1000 coilover on a clio. Also cup shocks are only £60 each from stealler....

Exact set up I'm now opting for.

Exact set up I'm now opting for.

I know Willis thinks highly of them. I love them, perfect balance and great drop. Low maintainance and lets be fair rarely does anyone adjust coilovers and most will rarely see a track more than a couple of times a year.

Most people who don't rate the H&R spring have never fitted them.....

three questions...

which £1000 coilovers have you used on your clio?

and are the H&R springs progressivly wound?

Did you put fresh cup dampers on when you put the springs on?

H&Rs are progressive yes and I put fresh Cup Dampers on when I swapped them over.

I haven't used coilovers on the Clio, I tried this setup first and although I have no immediate comparison to make to coilovers, I'm very happy with the setup and can't justify spending the extra for what would be (in my opinion) such a small gain on track (for trackday use at least) and an even smaller gain on the road.

question were aimed at lichy, but appreciate your input as you are using the same setup!

No probs. The only setup that I've used that comes close to feeling as ''right'' is the Bilstein setup I had on my 205 GTi and that cost me ~£850.

three questions...

which £1000 coilovers have you used on your clio?

and are the H&R springs progressivly wound?

Did you put fresh cup dampers on when you put the springs on?

H&Rs are progressive yes and I put fresh Cup Dampers on when I swapped them over.

I haven't used coilovers on the Clio, I tried this setup first and although I have no immediate comparison to make to coilovers, I'm very happy with the setup and can't justify spending the extra for what would be (in my opinion) such a small gain on track (for trackday use at least) and an even smaller gain on the road.

As above. The clio will be the only car I've owned that I won't be changing the dampers only the springs. Did buy some kw1's from member on here but there were issues with them so decided to stay with what I know and they went back to him. Car done relatively low mileage so no point changing the cup dampers....

I've got spax adjustable rear dampers on my track day car, very pleased with them but once got a setting i was happy with i've not really touched them, oil the setting screw every six months or so, screw them all the way out and 7 clicks back in.

After over 30.000 miles on them the paint is not so good now.

Does anyone have a pic of there car with the H&R / cup shocks fitted just to give an idea of the sort of drop I could expect.. My car has the cup chassis so I might give the H&R springs a go..
Not really been a fan of springs in the past as they have all seemed to be bouncy but I could see how they could work with the cup shocks..

I've got spax adjustable rear dampers on my track day car, very pleased with them but once got a setting i was happy with i've not really touched them, oil the setting screw every six months or so, screw them all the way out and 7 clicks back in.

After over 30.000 miles on them the paint is not so good now.

I can't understand why they have painted them when they are made from stainless tbh.. I covered 50000 miles on my V2's on my last car and they were still like new..