Anyone fitted 8" wide rims?

I have a 'bargain basement' spec 200 cup with the standard anthracite alloys. I'm considering a 17" wheel upgrade to 8" width and was just wondering whether there are any 200/197 owners out there who have already gone down this route. Any pics and also advice on an appropriate offset (I think the standard rims are ET50?) to avoid me having to rely on the advice of a 'salesman'? Thanks

:book:

Last edited:
Mine are OZ Alleggerita HLT's 8X17, et55. Not the best looking wheels, but with 7kg per wheel, function overrides beauty, they simply make the car much lighter due to the unsprang weight.

wheel0115.jpg

car00961g.jpg

Boxster, the car looks very good with those wheels and I was actually thinking of OZ's myself. I presume that they are the original tyres and do you have any pics from the front or rear cos I'm interested in how they fill the arches? Also, is yours on standard Cup suspension?

Mine are OZ Alleggerita HLT's 8X17, et55. Not the best looking wheels, but with 7kg per wheel, function overrides beauty, they simply make the car much lighter due to the unsprang weight.

wheel0115.jpg

car00961g.jpg

That looks aweseome, want them wheels!!

ive got 8 x 18's on mate and lowered no problems apart from lock to lock on the steering it rubs arches

wheel0115.jpg

car00961g.jpg

Id say they look pretty swish TBH!

Weight is a good improvement and the design is borderline "JDM"

I like em very much :smile: Colour would look sweet on my car!

Boxster, the car looks very good with those wheels and I was actually thinking of OZ's myself. I presume that they are the original tyres and do you have any pics from the front or rear cos I'm interested in how they fill the arches? Also, is yours on standard Cup suspension?

Cheers mate, indeed the tyres are original and the suspension are H&R. The wheels do actually fill the arches quite nicely and gives it that meaner look. I will take some more snaps from the front and rear and post them here for you.

Cheers mate, indeed the tyres are original and the suspension are H&R. The wheels do actually fill the arches quite nicely and gives it that meaner look. I will take some more snaps from the front and rear and post them here for you.

Yes please Boxster re: more pics. Thanks though for the advice, you've definitely helped me make my mind up on size. :thumbup: