Anyone else in a work Lottery syndicate ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
13 of us have started one....first go is tonight.

The chap running it Whatsapp'd me everyones numbers last night. 3 of the people entering have nothing over 31, and 2 have nothing over 28 (Numbers go to 59 now)....and two of our staff who are related have 4 numbers the same and all number's under 31.

Think its called the 'Bane of the Birthday syndrome". Not exactly maximising our chances though.

Is it ?

We had a syndicate win at my work a few months before I started. They won £2.5M but there were 20 of them so they got £125k each. Not completely life changing but nice to pay off mortgages etc. I think only 2 people left. Lucky sods!!

I'm in one, I think there's about 8 of us. Not sure who has what numbers, but most we've ever won in a single week is £80. On average we get about £50 each over the course of the year... Not even getting your money back :/ however the week you decide to leave.....

We had one a while back and got 5 numbers (49).

Paid a crappy £750

14 of us got a bullseye and we did 50 lines the following week.

Needless to say we won nowt:tearsofjoy:

Disbanded after 2 more weeks haha

No not in one, I was before, but for me I find it a hassle to set it up, and unless you have someone willing to 'go the extra mile' and get the tickets, sort all the money, numbers etc etc out then its not something id do.

We won with 6 numbers, ended up getting 6.5k each, Camelot said there was an unusually high number of people with 6 numbers that day, ripped off or what.

I've recently joined our works one run by the woman in accounts, she keeps detailed info on spreadsheets as you can imagine. Everyone usually pays up £10-£20 each payday to solve the problem of having to get £2 a week off each person, seems to work quite well.

Pretty good value as well for £2 a week, we get multiple lines on both the normal lottery and the euros for every draw. The downside is any winnings get split between 32 people I think it is, so you'd have to win something big to be life changing. But you have to be in it to win it as they say!

So how does this work guys, say I'm the guy in charge of the syndicate and collect the money and get the tickets. The jackpot comes up, can I not do a runner with all the winnings?

Reactions: Big Ben
Suppose that depends if your an rsole or not doesn't it? If I thought our syndicate was being run by someone dodgy I wouldn't be paying into it haha.

Wouldn't surprise me if something like that has happened somewhere in the world where someone has run off with the winning pot!

No idea, I know what your saying but sometimes you just have to have a little faith that not everyone is out there to screw you over I guess!

I'm guessing very few syndicates have anything written down and legally binding. At the end of the day, if an individual buys the lottery tickets and the numbers come up, then they personally are the winner. You would make a lot of people angry if you did do a runner, but I don't think you'd be breaking the law! It's all down to trust and the morals of the people involved!

So how does this work guys, say I'm the guy in charge of the syndicate and collect the money and get the tickets. The jackpot comes up, can I not do a runner with all the winnings?
As the saying goes... You can run but you can't hide!

I wonder if the syndicate agreement is law? Money changes and compromises people.

I'm with Ben. I would do my best to make it my mission to find the man in our syndicate pulled this.

And "contracts" - you can print off the Lottery website Jimmy for all members to sign. Its what we did.....

Reactions: Jimmy
I'm with Ben. I would do my best to make it my mission to find the man in our syndicate pulled this.

And "contracts" - you can print off the Lottery website Jimmy for all members to sign. Its what we did.....

Ah that's good then - at least there's the option there for people who are doing it the 'official' way. Ours is done on a purely ad-hoc basis, no formalities at all - just £2 a week and hope for the best!

Ah that's good then - at least there's the option there for people who are doing it the 'official' way. Ours is done on a purely ad-hoc basis, no formalities at all - just £2 a week and hope for the best!

Which if the "winner" went missing; chucking £2 in a week is all were doing effectively.

Apart from i'd also have a photocopy of the now worthless contract....... :smile: And no-one to organise next weeks numbers. lol

Reactions: Jimmy