Anybody see the big blue flash tonight?

So did anybody see the big blue neon flash in the sky tonight?

Solar Shockwave from the sun is what iv heard it is. Was parked beside some mates and saw it and found it really weird.

It is likely you'd have been one of the few in the country to have seen it.

Same as the northern lights, it is something to do with the solar wind reacting with the north and south poles.

I have never seen the Aurora Borealis, not possible down here, but it is quite possible to see it sometimes from where you are :smile::smile:

Sure it wasn't a police car!? :wink:

I had a look on the BBC website but nothing about it? Wish I had been up and about to see it, quite unique!

Thanks for more info mike, knew I could rely on you lol!

Anyways yeah there was about ten of us that saw it, a few of my mates within a mile saw it but nobody else. It light the sky up with a neon blue but just before it all power went out everywhere.

That would be a high voltage transmission tower blowing up then lol

Dude this flash was too big too be that! Lol. My mate just told me he saw it five miles away it lit up his bedroom. Am confused lol!

Yes, I have seen this a couple of times during my life time. Both times it was a transformer on a power pole literally exploding and sent out a bright blue white flash like a giant camera flash going off.

Lots of things about transformers blowing up on t'internet :smile:

i did see a blue flash. thought it was me seeing things so didnt take much notice. what time was it as i really cant remember when it was

Aw cool,

Simple Minds - Oh Jungleland, google it and tell me why i just mentioned it Mike ;o)

But anyways i certainly did see a blue flash it totally lit up the whole sky as though it was day light. But its a life experience :smile:

wtf? No! lol

I meant youtube it. :smile: Mike nobody cares about our off-topic cr*p chats, maybe we should have our own sub forum lol.

wtf? No! lol

I meant youtube it. :smile: Mike nobody cares about our off-topic cr*p chats, maybe we should have our own sub forum lol.

It still comes up as Bruce Springstein?!?!?!?

Think we should have our own forum :wink:

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

Liambo is a legend. End of :smile:

He was the first member I ever met off here, despite him living the opposite end of the country to me lol

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Sherberts rock anyway :wink:

Haha Craig, Sherbets rock :smile:

Nah we just like talking about random cr*p that nobody else seems to be really interested in.. haha!

Yeah Mike that day was a good day and a good experience with the cars :smile: