Any thoughts..

If it just connects to the headphone jack then you will only get the sound through the car. You won't be able to skip track and that. This is extremely expensive compared to the £10 ish I paid for the one in my car that does the same thing. Off ebay too. It just connects to the back of the head unit. I fed the cable through a hole in the glove box and leave my ipod in there. Most of the time I can't be bothered with it though!

It says in the description that it connects via the cd changer port to fool it to thinks a cd changer is providing the imput, will this mean I can use the controls?

Ye, but it connects to the phone jack on the player (ipod etc) and you can't control them from that if I am correct.

You can buy what Renault call a Tunepoint, but they are like £100 or something like that.

Renault will sell you a tunepoint, have a look in to it, but I think they are expensive. Try TwingoGeek.

im p/xing my car in on saturday and so will have a ipod connector for sale! you can controll your ipod/phone through the the steering wheel and skip tracks and upto 9 playlists. it also charges the phone/ipod. PM me if your interested