Any one used Michelin Pilot EXALTO PE2's?

I need 2 new tyres very soon and was going to get some more Coni 3. But my mate had coni 3 on his M3 and got told to fit the PE2...which he now swears by! Just wondered if any 1 has used the PE2?

Not used them, but they are meant to be very good. I'm having some Hankook V12s fitted tomorrow, so I'll see how they fair against the conti 3s on it atm. They're a good price though - £76 each! How much are those PE2s going to set you back? They're one of the most expensive tyres you can buy aren't they!?

Let us know about the V12s mate, that'll be very handy!

I don't mind spending money if they are worth it coz the cars mainly a weekend toy :tongueout:roud: Looked on mytyres to get a rough idea and they are £115 and the conti 3s are £107.

I wouldn't of even looked at the PE2s but my mates telling me I'll regret it if I don't get them:001_unsure:!

Just had the V12s fitted. It's pi***ng down with rain and so far they are brilliant! I know obviously changing from a tyre with just legal tread to one with full tread will make a difference in the wet, but they still seem very good! I'm driving to Wales next week, so hopefully the weather will be nice and I can stretch the Clio's legs a bit and test the tyres out! I'll post back when I've found out!

A friend had the PE2's on her 1.2 8v Punto and said they were shockingly bad in the snow! But that usually means they excell in the dry and I bet you won't drive the Clio in the snow anyway!

I had a best price of £95 for the Conti's, which isn't bad. Not sure where you are from with out looking, but if anyone in the West Midlands area is interested the place is in Wolverhampton and is called Martini Tyres. The place I've had the V12s from is in West Bromwich and is called Chapel Tyres (Martini couldn't supply the V12's this week, but gave me a price of £67!). Both places are very freindly and helpfull. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
yeha ive got em on my R26 wheels they are 10 X better than any other road tyre. so grippy and great in the wet

Cheers arranshuker, I'll pop down and see what prices I can get.

Woody, you may of just sold them to me:thumbsup:

The 182 has pe2's and I must say they are flipping great in the dry and the wet. Yes they're rubbish in the snow but better than the conti's imo

never had any probs in snow n i live in the pennines where it is really hilly, renault traction control kept me moving

Just got a price for the contis and the PE2s both with the stronger side walls

Contis...£133
PE2s...£141

so it was a no brainer...2 PE2s on order :drool:

I hope they're good then mate, I only paid an extra £11 on top of the price of 1 of yours and I got 2 V12s!

I hope they're good then mate, I only paid an extra £11 on top of the price of 1 of yours and I got 2 V12s!

So do I lol! It's a lot of money but when it comes to tyres I always want the best and I had already set my heart on the Contis or the PE2s! Fingers crossed there the nuts!

I always had conti's on my old 1.2 Clio. But the wear out so quick and I don't think they perform that brilliantly. Hopefully the V12s will make me want to buy then again and again. You'll have to let us know how you get on with them and what you think.

Will do mate...I'm putting them on the back so don't know how much feed back I can give you! Still got 6mm on the fronts but that won't take long to burn :tongueout:roud:

Just got home from Wales. The V12s seem very good, I would say marginally better than the Conti's! There were a couple of problems though. On the way there I thought the tyres weren't particularly great, as the car felt strange at higher speeds, as if the front was lifting up and I was loosing grip! So when I got to the camp site I was staying at I checked the tyre pressures (something I forgot to do before I left). The front two tyres were 7.5 PSI over inflated, the offside rear was 5 PSI over inflated and the nearside rear was 5 PSI underinflated! As soon as I altered the pressures to what they should have been the car handled much better.

The next thing was the amount of slow moving traffic on the way home! I was getting really annoyed! I overtook a few cars in a line of 4, but as soon as we got around a few other bends there was a huge line of caravans, vans and other cars. So there was just no point in even trying! I wish I could have had the roads closed!

The third thing was that my missus is a bit of a nervous passenger and keeps telling me to slow down every 10 minutes!

Dispite all of this the tyres do seem good. Especially considering how much they cost!

Had the PE2's fitted to the rear today. Nothing to report yet but I like the tred pattern :001_tt1:. I'm going orbin in Brighton next sat, so they'll get a run then :clap:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just bought some pe2s after all this got them at 120 a corner plus tracking couldn't complain :smile: there going on tues. Dunno if I got a good price but seems good :smile: