Any noticable difference in later Euro 5 RS 200 engines?

Hi, was just wondeing if anyone has noticed any difference between the 'old' RS 200 engine which was tuned to euro 4 regs and the new one, which came in around September 2010 to meet euro 5 regs.

The only noticable difference is that the CO2 has dropped from 195g to 190g. From a quick bit of research, euro 5 was introduced to reduce nitrogen oxide, more than carbon dioxide.

I'm wondering what they did to hit these new figures.. i.e. was it just a simple re-tune and if that's the case is there any noticable difference in mpg figures? (Assuming less pollution out = less fuel burnt)

Thoughts?

Rich

I still dont know if mine has the Euro 5 or not as I didnt get an answer from the dealer.. Ordered 1/8, took deliver 1/11

The only difference between the engines is different ECU software. The same thing happened with the K4M 1600cc engine when they went from Euro3 to Euro4 - only in the case of the K4M 5bhp were lost :worried:

Hmm, it's interesting that they can reduce the CO2 by 5mg without losing performance in any way - why didn't they do this from the start?

I had assumed they were using some kind of exhaust recirculation system (EGR) and they just increased the level of exhaust being fed back into the engine, as to reduce NOx you usually have to cool the combustion process down.. the easiest way to do this is to run richer, using more fuel and creating more CO2 gasses!

Rich

Would be interesting to see if Renault will explain what they did to conform to Euro 5 emissions and maybe get a collection of RR results against euro5/6 cars to see if they really DO have the same bhp/torque.

I'll post on the renaultsport forum to see if anyone at Renault will respond...

Rich