Another Strange Engine Noise!

lewisflintham

POTM Winner - November 2016, August 2017
Gold Member
My car makes this funny noise when it's cold. It's an odd sort of beep/mechanical scrape. It's quite clear to hear on the video below. Can anyone shed any light on what it might be please? It seems to go away when it's been running for about 10 mins.

http://youtu.be/AhsDXtTnnvk

Sorry to sound like an idiot but is it the black thing on the right hand side of the engine? :001_unsure:

I've answered my own question. Just spotted the hole where it goes when Yiannis had removed it and he did actually say that! Didn't read it properly! Oops :smile:

Last edited:
I've tried changing the o rings and it's still making the same noise when cold. The washers I took off seem in good condition too. I've even cable tied it to make it fit more snug and it still does it. A bit of silicone around where it sits on the engine sound like a good or bad idea? Thanks.

Last edited:
I've tried changing the o rings and it's still making the same noise when cold. The washers I took off seem in good condition too. I've even cable tied it to make it fit more snug and it still does it. A bit of silicone around where it sits on the engine sound like a good or bad idea? Thanks.

sounds like it need replacing then...

I'll see how much they are then. At least I've now got a lifetimes supply of replacement o rings! Bought a kit with 419 in! Lol.

Tried the silicone method which made no difference after ringing Renault and being told they were £154! After some internet research I thought it sounded a bit expensive. Rang Renault again with the part number supplied by Yiannis and they've now decided they're £34! No idea what they quoted me for first time round. I'm happy to report the noise has totally gone now it's been replaced. For anyone one else's reference, the part number for the PCV Valve is 8200291355.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but my car makes this noise. Is the valve easy to replace or is it a job for a mechanic or somebody who knows what they are doing?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but my car makes this noise. Is the valve easy to replace or is it a job for a mechanic or somebody who knows what they are doing?

depends - just a case of swapping it over - as jobs go it aint that difficult :bat:

Anyone know where to get a Genuine PCV valve, Renault ireland want 65 euro, rather not pay that much.