Annoying Alarm

Evening everyone ,

In the last couple of weeks my daughter's F1 alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason - just gone off a few minutes ago - I have just deactivated the interior sensors which should shut it up for the night , I presume that it is an issue with the sensors - has anyone had this and did they track it down to a particular component ,

t i a

There was some way to invert the sensitivity i think.... Something about swapping two wires around but not sure if that was on the older cars :s

My F1 does this and I also have disabled the interior sensors, a lot of people say its the bonnet sensor as they can easily go faulty. Mine is in at Renault for the second time on Wednesday

Thanks for the replies - I have taken the bonnet sensor out and cleaned - Chris please let me know what Renault have to say ,
Grumpy - I would be interested if you have any more info - could do with a decent nights sleep !!

Well last week when they had it they said they couldnt find anything wrong, since having it back it keeps going off more often so they have done something to it hence it going back in lol, thye have give it me back in a worse condition lol.

Let me know how yours goes after giving the sensor a clean.

Well last week when they had it they said they couldnt find anything wrong, since having it back it keeps going off more often so they have done something to it hence it going back in lol, thye have give it me back in a worse condition lol.

Let me know how yours goes after giving the sensor a clean.

It appears to have been behaving - but early days yet , good luck with Reno !

on the 182 you could swap the ultra sonics round to reduce sensitivity and i think the 197/200 are the same

just swap the plugs round on the alarm

Im sorry but I dont know what you mean foxspeed

how the alarm is set up the ultra sonics plug in the back of it

now on the 182 you could swap the leads/plugs round on the back of the alarm - the sensors are a transmitter and a reciever - and for some reason swapping them round reduced sensitivity - i think this still applies to the 197 alarm

right ok but would that make a difference as I have disabled the interior sensors anyway?

if they are off then you must assume they are not working!

have you looked at the alarm handbook - i think theres a guide in there about the bleeps and how the led flashes to tell you what has set it off?

ahh right will check that out then. I turned the sensors off as part of a fault finding which made me think it was the bonnet sensor which I now know it isnt :worried: