Angry at local dealer!!

Just moved back to Birmingham and the car needed a service so I took it into my Local dealer in Sutton Coldfield, had the service, needed new rear pads, everything else fine. Happy with that. Get a call this morning saying that they never checked the aircon, yet put a tick in the checksheet, and asked if I wouldn't mind bringing it back in for them to do it.

I unfortunately had to wait around the house for the gas to man to come as the boiler had packed up last night, so said No, i'm not free can I bring it on next week. No said the guy on the desk, it needs to be today. Me very confused at this point as to why it was "essential" just repeated that there's no chance I can take it to them.

He then goes away and offers for someone to come collect it. So I agreed, not thinking of the consequences......

Just been given the keys back after they took it at 9am, and went out to check it over. I know for a fact that I had driven 42 miles before they had it and MPG of 28.7 (wish i'd taken pics), and the dealership only 2 miles away it's now on 65 miles, and 20.6 MPG...Never ever ever had my car that low on MPG, and more worrying is that they took the car this morning from COLD and clearly ragged it!!!

Not a happy bunny!

ring them and complain to the manager, tell him your not happy and will be reporting it to renualt uk and watch him **** his pants

i always get low MPG from work and back and that about 2 miles, but the fact that its got an extra 23 miles on the clock and so low means that its had time to warm up and its been thrashed.

It may have been sat on Rickover in the shop to check the aircon is working. The MPG soon starts to drop when tickingover with aircon on.
They also have to road test every car after a service.

Update:

Spoke to the service manager earlier and he apologised profusely for any concerns I had and he completely understood why I was worried.

He assured me that exactly as you said Jase the car was idling whilst checking the air-con, which was for quite a long period. And also that they did take it out for a run to the nearest dual-carriageway because in the garage when the air-con was on full-power it wasn’t getting that cold so they re-charged it and wanted to take it for a drive and make sure it was all ok, got it back and took a reading which showed it was 2’c colder than before.

So actually they were doing me a favour and it was just me panicking about the little beast. Think i’ve learned not to be so quick to assume the worst from now on!!

Get a roadhawk fitted. I caught Renault Birmingham playing silly buggers in my 197 two weeks ago. Renault UK were mortified and can't do enough for me now. Literally just got back from having a new steering wheel fitted. Doing you a favour? 20 miles to test the aircon seems a bit much.

Get a roadhawk fitted. I caught Renault Birmingham playing silly buggers in my 197 two weeks ago. Renault UK were mortified and can't do enough for me now. Literally just got back from having a new steering wheel fitted. Doing you a favour? 20 miles to test the aircon seems a bit much.

That's not good! Glad renault uk have been good to you, at least it's something!

20 miles is a bit much but as long as the car's in good shape i'm pretty happy, and if anything goes wrong i'll be straight on the phone to them haha!!

It is swings and roundabouts with car dealers, you only find out whath they are like until after you have used them. Fortunately I haven't had to take my 200 back to renault yet!!!!!!!! :ban: Bad oman
But my dad took his mondog ST220 to have a service and two new tires at ford dealers (carters of Sheffield) not a ridiculous amount of miles put on, and they valeted the car and washed it, "even to a high standard" for no extra charge. Very impressed!!! :smile:

It's a shame they can't all be the same, I've only ever had one fantastic dealer and that was in Hull!! Nice work by the ford dealership though :smile: