An odd squeek from the engine

lewisflintham

POTM Winner - November 2016, August 2017
Gold Member
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but when I start the car first thing in the morning there's an odd squeek noise coming from the engine. It almost sounds like it could be from one of the belts. It's quite a fast timed squeek like it is in sync with something going round in the engine bay. The sound disappears though when the car has warmed up. Car is a 2008 197 at just under 35k miles. Any suggestions? Thanks guys and girls.

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but when I start the car first thing in the morning there's an odd squeek noise coming from the engine. It almost sounds like it could be from one of the belts. It's quite a fast timed squeek like it is in sync with something going round in the engine bay. The sound disappears though when the car has warmed up. Car is a 2008 197 at just under 35k miles. Any suggestions? Thanks guys and girls.

Mine does it too, i'm expecting it to go when the belts are done. I'd imagine its a tensioner or something.

Yeah I have this noise as well. 99% sure it's the belts, hopefully it will be gone when I have them changed next month.

Similar Thread Suggestions