An interesting report on Sprint Booster

Seems like a bit of a cock, if he did his research he would know they do not give a performance increase but a sharper feel of the throttle. Yes you can press it quicker but I think others will agree its a good mod and makes the car feel more responsive when giving it some!

Mmm an interesting write up. A sprint booster is something that I have looked I to getting and there are members on here who say without doubt that it is the best value mod out there. I guess the results would be different on a clio rather than a merc?

What a ****ing bellend.... might be different on a merc but it makes a massive difference on the Clio and its not placebo.

I love how he harks on about it not having a performance increase but no one claims that not even sprintbooster.

Last edited:
I disagree with that guy, I've got the sprintbooster and what a difference it makes.
I won't drive the car unless it's on red.

I disagree with that guy, I've got the sprintbooster and what a difference it makes.
I won't drive the car unless it's on red.
I agree, although I haven't gotten used to red fully yet XD Lots of wheel spinning.
It doesn't increase performance, and if he was expecting that then he's the idiot. It's made the car feel so much more responsive and a lot better to drive, the whole "Press harder with your foot" comment is ridiculous, and at £180 it's hardly expensive in terms of mods.

Last edited:
Only had mine on for around a month or so before I sold the car but it was an awesome mod IMO, on red is so much fun ha ha. God I remember sending Dave@MSW nearly £3000 for all those orders ha ha

Sounds like he's just found out how the Sprintbooster works and taken offence!

I'd much rather listen to the opinions of people who have bought them and actually used them to someone just bitching about what it does/how it works.

He is wrong too. The ecu does not let you put full power down on clio. It puts aroud 75% when you floor it then increases gradually. Whereas I believe a sprint booster bypasses this

Can't a remap adjust throttle response? I'm sure I read that when strive the car mapped they can adjust throttle sensitivity.

my 197 definitely had a more responsive pedal than my 200. Neither is/was mapped as far as I know though

i think the 200 Renault map is better for cold start up and probably emmisions but I'm sure the throttle response is slower.

Nope (as i mentioned) but being around RS Clio's over 10 years (its the same engine essentially) I know what works and what doesn't. Most of the mods I've mentioned above are only specific to this forum. In the wider Renault tuning world, looking in here it could be said that some of you guys might would be better setting fire to your ££££ instead of buying some of these 'mods'

This also goes for some companies employing various guys, who in a past life came up with shoddy work and magical power claims / remaps. Its rinse and repeat, its just a shame some of you guys arent aware get sucked in by the marketing BS. Dont get me wrong there are some decent mods and cars on here, but some fellas are just chucking money away on tat

Last edited:
Nope (as i mentioned) but being around RS Clio's over 10 years (its the same engine essentially) I know what works and what doesn't. Most of the mods I've mentioned above are only specific to this forum. In the wider Renault tuning world, looking in here it could be said that some of you guys might would be better setting fire to your ££££ instead of buying some of these 'mods'

This also goes for some companies employing various guys, who in a past life came up with shoddy work and magical power claims / remaps. Its rinse and repeat, its just a shame some of you guys arent aware get sucked in by the marketing BS. Dont get me wrong there are some decent mods and cars on here, but some fellas are just chucking money away on tat

Good points but I can tell you first hand that the Sprintbooster is an awesome piece of equipment on the Clio. The improvement to the throttle response justifies the cost imo. The electronic throttle on the Clio is pants, the delay when putting your foot down although small is still too long. The sprintbooster sharpens it up, I don't sell sprintbooster but I'd happily sell them as it works.

You should try a Clio with one

I agree with Fernandez the electric throttle on the 197,200 is tamed down which the sprintbooster in my opinion and most people that use it just gives you a more natural response like a cable throttle. Obviously it will never be as natural but it gets you a lot closer. It does not just increase the throttle percentage because if you sit on neutral rev to about 3k and turn the sprintbooster on the revs would jump if that were the case which they don't.

Let's just establish something;

a. SB does not add extra power.

b. SB does not increase acceleration.

So basically you are paying £x just to eliminate lag/improve throttle response. That's it, so if people are happy to pay just for that benefit then who are we to judge? Anyway...

Now, as I've mentioned in an older post my only issue with the SB is when driving - or trying to drive - smoothly on relatively bumpy roads. That is because the response of the pedal is so quick (and my ride so stiff) that I can't keep my foot stable! I overcome this problem by giving it some though ha!

Last edited:
Its just like the hairy R's quick action throttle on a bike, a bit of plastic that you fit in the throttle. Expensive for what it is (a bent bit of plastic) doesn't add performance. But does make it nicer to ride as you don't have to walk your hands around the grip to get throttle.