Amp power cable :-(

I want to add a small amp to power some good components for the front and a small under seat sup, or a little 8 inch sub in the boot.
I'm not wanting a thumping bass or anything chavvy, just want a sound that's more like the rents S5.

Anyway, I've tried today to get a small 8 quage power cable through the rubber bung under the passenger foot well to no avail.

I've also looked for any other holes or spare grommets I can use again with no luck.

Anyone got any advice on running the cable through the bulkhead without drilling my own hole.
If I have to drill it then I'll not do it.

Like I said, before folk assume I'm going to wack a huge mirror vibrating sub in the boot I'm not.
Just trying to get a proper professional sound stage.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
:smile:

there is a rubber gromit in the engine bay above the exhaust manifold, thats where i have put mine through

Ive got mine through the bung your onabout dom, Did take a while tbh, had to make the hole bigger and bigger by using various screwdrivers lol

Poked it through with a piece of clothes hanger lol

The hole in the bulk head bigger??.... What gauge cable are you using?
Where did the cable come through in the car?

Thanks for ya input btw.

Right behind dash where the radio is mate, you need to take the glove box out to get at the wire, u also need to take the rubber bung out and drill a hole through it so the wire can fit

Cool.
Thanks boss.
That's a job for Monday then.

It's a load more effort than in my mk2.
The non sport mk3s seem really easy too as their bonet release cable grommet is long and rubber not plastic like ours.

Thanks again mate :smile:

I thought you meant the one on the N/S behind the airbox
I did mine that way. Just up and left of the bonnet release cable inside the cabin.

Took a while to get it to go through, but then I ran my amp cable and remote down behind under the carpte, and then along the side of the car under the plastic trims. OBV RCA's the other side to stop interence.

I then grounded it by removing one of the shopping hook things in the boot, the one on like the "rear slam panel" at the bottom. Nice and Neat then with your cables underneath the boot carpet :smiley: