America

Anyone ever been? I'm here at the moment all be it me flying home in a couple hours, been to Orlando and it's absolutely amazing! We were worried about hurricane Irene though as we are on a connecting flight to philidelphia! Love the country though, the fuel prices, but my god there taste in cars is shocking!!

Lucky sod wish I was there Luke hope you had a amazing time
Soon be back home to your red baby

The towns and cities aren't the best bits imo, the national parks (Yosemite is somewhere I've wanted to go back to since we went) are the best bits and will literally make you just stand and stare with your mouth open.

Been wanting to go back and rent a bike for a week but sadly not found a willing riding buddy yet!

I love the place no where comes close imo.

Theres also the fact they speak our language :lol: none of this 'grassy ass' nonsense.

Looking to go back next year I haven't been for a while, we went like 12 years in a row when i was at school.

Love the place, like the people. I was in Indiana for 2 weeks last month, have relatives there. Fuel prices are about 4 times what they were 10 years ago, I was horrified it cost my $50 to fill up MIL's Cooper S and $80 to fill her X5, this sounds cheap compared to our prices but is much more than it was relatively recently.

It's $3.40 to the gallon over here!!
We had a dodge grand caravan people carrier and it was awful was averaging 13mpg then on highway at 65 was averaging 25mpg lmao!!
The cars over here are shocking 90% are people carriers or 4x4s!
Long flight ahead of me now.
Loved the water parks and busch gardens!!

it was around $1/gallon. And most interesting things there need super which is closer to $4.00. Plus 1 US gallon = 3.74 litres, not the 4.54 litres that an imperial gallon equals.

Also don't forget they don't have any more economical options, no diesel (at least very few options), and things are further away, so you need the car more.

I love the place no where comes close imo.

Theres also the fact they speak our language :lol: none of this 'grassy ass' nonsense.

Looking to go back next year I haven't been for a while, we went like 12 years in a row when i was at school.

Totally agree with you mate, don't mind a med holiday, but Florida is the best place by far.
And as for cars lol although I did see a surprising amount of mustangs out there, all being driven by 18 yr olds... *******s!

I've never been before. I'm going to Vegas in a couple of weeks and this thread is getting me excited!

Glad you had a good time out there. I'm just hoping I don't get too attached and don't want to come home...

Vegas is awesome!!! You'll love it!

I hope so, theres 6 of us going its a combined thing for my GF's 21st and my sisters 30th.

Got a strip view suite at the monte carlo... Can't wait!!!

I wouldn't mind doing more of america though like Luke and Tom and see some of the parks, and other cities. One day I'll save up enough to get a muscle car and go for a blast around... one day...

fighting through the jet lag at the moment, as i've got work tomorrow :worried:
I couldn't get over there taste in cars though, 90% of them were disgusting!
Also loved the tropical storms lol!

I've just got back from Ohio. Go quite regularly on business. Ive done Oklahoma and New York too.

My fave thing is the steak but have to drink export lagers with it as there's are rubbish!

Trying to do Orlando next year with the kids to Disney :smile:

Try doing it in august (if thats possible) and make sure you do the disney dining plan, best food you will ever have lol!!

You get all one snack, one counter service and one main meal everyday each for free! I've put on a 14lbs in two weeks lmfao

Ive been to florida a few times.. would like to go to a few less-touristy places so i could have a taste of what the real USA is about!!

Similar Thread Suggestions