Am I going to get spanked??

Woody

Just so you know, that r26 at oulton which was saved by the diff. Clearly wasnt the diff, because 1. Its just a cup. 2. That means it has a standard (open) diff. 3. it has a standard engine apart from the exhaust. 4. the only reason it got sideways was due to cold rear tyres.

And just so you know it was me driving :smile:

And even if the car did have a ATB differential how would that correct my oversteer for me?

Next track cookie...... Straight line drag me n u lol ...... Also y didnt u say anything when i came and apoligised for pushing u into the corner. How were u off boost at 100 mph?

I thought the mistake u made was too fast into the corner so you over corrected it and ended up sideways. The diff would have stopped ure front wheels spinning giving u traction to correct it more easily.

Rich you need to start driving the 197 lol sounds like it never gets used lol!!

Mate your driving was very poor, the entry into that corner is very bumpy.

A combination of crap brakes, trying to avoid a mobile chicane (you) and cold tyres caused the car to oversteer. I added opposit lock and pulled out. One of the F1 diffs wouldnt have helped at all. Especially seeing that to correct the oversteer i fed the throttle in.

Reason i was off boost is because i almost drove into the back of you, short shifted to 4th, then by the time you moved out the way i had to get back on boost.

Edit : Over correction or not winding the opposite lock off would result in the same thing, the car snatching and flinging the other way. The slide wasnt even a big deal anyway!

Anyone can go fast in a straight line.

Vid of me driving:

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/renaultsporttv/Default.aspx

Mobile chicane lmao ure telling me im a bad driver i wish i had what you did on video. Trying to prove your car was faster ploughing into a corner not down shifting dont get me started pal.

Dont give a flying whether ure stock hatch champion or not i indicated for you to pass and nothing.

Loooooool, chill out mate, it was a track day. What i did? Just a bit of oversteer. That was the first time the car has been out since i started building it 2 weeks ago. It was only a shake down to find any faults. And the brakes are one of them.

I did pass?

Also i loved you reving your car in the pit lane, you looked like such a hero.

Chill out a bit tho lol!

I will give you a drag race, happily. Its just been custom mapped tho so you might struggle even more!

Seriously tho, its a track day. Stop being so competitive.

And the meg engine was standard apart from the exhaust. Other than that i really CBA to argue with you. I think we should try and keep this on topic.

So yes you will most likely get spanked if he knows how to boot it!

Just have fun in the clio tho, its a very capable car.

Last edited:
Certainly good with the racing driver style excuses.

The megane is no doubt quicker on track and most likely easier go fast in given a lot more torque/hp, cornering wise I'm sure stock vs stock the clio is better but you're never going to make up for the straight line speed/acceleration on most tracks.

Could go on but I'd get slapped for going off topic....... :innocent:

Last edited: