Alpine KTP-445U or other compact amp

anyone installed one? How much of a difference to sound quality does it make? I don't really have a problem with volume, just the distortion and general lack of sound quality. I really want to keep it looking stock so new HU is out of the question, but what should i do to upgrade the sound just to get it up to decent standards? (Sub may be in the picture at a later stage but before that's an option the rest of the system has to sound half decent) cheers!

I fitted one but with an Alpine headunit so I can't comment on how the results will be when pairing one with the stock one. I'm very happy with the sound though, it didn't do miracles (as expected) but as you said it did help with the distortion and improved the quality. If you manage to get a second hand from ebay even better:wink:

Mind you I also upgraded the speakers as well...

I fitted one but with an Alpine headunit so I can't comment on how the results will be when pairing one with the stock one. I'm very happy with the sound though, it didn't do miracles (as expected) but as you said it did help with the distortion and improved the quality. If you manage to get a second hand from ebay even better:wink:

Mind you I also upgraded the speakers as well...

Thanks Yiannis :smile: I will try to source one I think. Like you said, I'm not looking for a miracle just something to bring it up to par with everything else then I can work my way on from there at a later stage

If you're not prepared to upgrade the head unit then I'm not sure if will be worth it. I also have the ktp - 445 but it's paired to an Alpine HU. The ktp - 445 is designed to work with Alpine HU so you will have to patch some wires together to get it to work with another HU.

I believe the U version is universal Ross and designed to work with other units as well. But I might be mistaken...