Alpine 114BTi

Can't go wrong with Alpine really. If you heavily use an iPod there are better units though. What's your main requirements?

Was one of my options when I was looking, ended up with a Kenwood BT60U as the USB lead goes out the back and this can be very easily fed into the glovebox via the mahoosive hole in it for the light :smile: Similar spec and price i think too (has lots of stuff I don't use/fiddle with)

very tempted tbh, the usb port and ipod leeds come out the back of the head unit? is it a face off unit as well?

alpine 114bti is a very good headunit, i've got it and i'm very pleased with it! My ipod lead comes out the back of the hu, and ive got it running into my glove box?

Do a search on here pal...I've put the part numbers down for both the 197 & 200. You then need the appropriate patch lead for your stereo (eg. Alpine, pioneer etc)

Edit: here you go. For a 197 it is CTSRN005. Search eBay for the cheapest!

Last edited:
because its quite a small screen i found it abit confusing to work out how to find numbers in phone book and find songs on ipod but now i've had it a couple months i find it easyyy! It boosted radio quality so much, as i've got a stubby aerial the standard cd player had a crap signal, but i got all radio stations now pretty much perfect quality!
Sound quality is alot better as there are lots of things you can tweak to get best out of standard speakers, I run the ipod lead into the glove box from the back of the hu (don't need front usb slot) and the mic up the apillar.
What else you wanna know?

I had the CDE-114 bti in my old 1.2 and then kept it when i sold the car on.

It's still sat in my cupboard as im happy with the standard headunit in my 197 (the 6 disc changer one, + parrot bluetooth).

I've been thinking of selling it, its in pretty much mint condition, except for the case which holds the fascia, which shows that it does it's job.

In my opinions it's a very good headunit and the sound is very clear!
The screen for browsing through the phone is small but doable, it can only show a few contacts at a time and can take a while to scroll through the whole list.

I had the iPod cable running into the glove box and the mike up the A-pillar like mike has done.

If you want any pictures ill be glad to take some photos of it.