Almighty Cabin Stench!

Rishi

Platinum Member
Not having much luck with my motor at the mo, this morning everythings fine, but this afternoon out of the blue my car stinks of fish!

Theres a slight stale smell coming from the blowers but even when they're completely off my cabin stinks of fish, if anything switching them on takes the smell away

It could be my used subframe in the boot as it has spiders & whatnot all over it, but i don't see how metal can smell of fish...

I thought it was prank at first but all the lads say they haven't touched it

Any ideas?

I thought it was prank at first but all the lads say they haven't touched it

Any ideas?

very trusting there :001_rolleyes:

checked the scuttle drains are clear?

take the pollen filter out and have a look at it - passenger foot well on the r/h side - theres a "how to" if your not sure

Gonna run an aircon cleaner through it tomorrow, cranberry flavour, yummy

Also gonna clear everything out the rear tonight as the smell by my nose is coming from the rear, not the blowers/aircon

It def smells more when the blowers are off rather than on

Dr Foxspeed diagnoses correct again!

I had a sniff round the pollen filter, smells like a fish supper :wink:

Think id better run the antibacterial thingy through the system aswell, just wondering if i should change the pollen filter before or after?

Also have a good check around the underside as a mate while his car sat for a few months while he was modding it, had a cat climb up inside back of engine bay get trapped and die, that smell was horrendous and took a fair bit of time to discover what it actually was causing the smell making it worse as he'd then been driving around

Dr Foxspeed diagnoses correct again!

I had a sniff round the pollen filter, smells like a fish supper :wink:

Think id better run the antibacterial thingy through the system aswell, just wondering if i should change the pollen filter before or after?

cheque in the post i hope!

i would do it before replace filter - that way the new one doesnt get any contamination

Also have a good check around the underside as a mate while his car sat for a few months while he was modding it, had a cat climb up inside back of engine bay get trapped and die, that smell was horrendous and took a fair bit of time to discover what it actually was causing the smell making it worse as he'd then been driving around

:blush:mg:

Yep I'd definitely change the filter after. that way you run all the crap in to the old one.

Were gonna have to call you Dr.Fox if you keep up these diagnoses Si :smiley:

Do you guys leave the a/c on all the time?

we reocmmend it to customers at work & i do use it alot but i think its switching between hot & cold alot that causes a bacteria/odour problem

the way the a/c light stays on even when the blowers are off :glare:

Took out the pollen filter to do the bacteria treatment & its not that dirty & it smelt pretty fresh, ive done the treatment & replaced the filter with a new one but obviously a tad concerned its gonna stink again in a couple days...