Alfie the Competizione

Nothing like a blast round Wales to help you fall for a new car! Great photos, and good to hear you're enjoying it so much, Kaz!

Nothing like a blast round Wales to help you fall for a new car! Great photos, and good to hear you're enjoying it so much, Kaz!
Yep I absolutely agree. Next time, I'll arrange it on here so we have a few more people coming.

I'll certainly be getting a Clio again one day, but a cheap one for track use. Can't beat that f4r, I defiantly miss it!

Finally decided to get a home next year as we've finally got a sizable deposit together... many years of saving coming together. That'll be the time I get a track toy!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmy
With a big f'off stick you can :wink:

New cars nice chap, I like the squat look they have personally - not think about a BRZ/86 though?
I did think about a brz, they look fantastic and Rwd! My thoughts were if I'm going to trade in the car because of fuel economy I'd do myself no favours getting a boxer, I may as well go all out and get the 1.4 pug. 45mpg around town and 50mpg on the motorway doing 50 55 and around 45 doing 70. Used to get 26 around town in the clio and 35 40 on the motorway. I've already gone 3 weeks off a tank in the abarth, insane on fuel.

Fair enough, that seems pretty bloody good considering the performance, suppose it's light which is the thing. I don't expect a BRZ to be great on fuel at all, same power and weight as the Clio as near as dammit - and the Clio is pretty abysmal to be fair! However a set of nice wheels and lowered (plus a de-spoiler) and yep they look sweet-as, they've had me tempted a few times!

Fair enough, that seems pretty bloody good considering the performance, suppose it's light which is the thing. I don't expect a BRZ to be great on fuel at all, same power and weight as the Clio as near as dammit - and the Clio is pretty abysmal to be fair! However a set of nice wheels and lowered (plus a de-spoiler) and yep they look sweet-as, they've had me tempted a few times!
Yep, weight is a big factor, it's certainly quicker than the clio in a straight line and corners. Due to it being a 180, it has a larger turbo, this means that it doesn't sit on boost much when doing 70, it's about 3psi at 70mph. So you end up really using the 1.4 economy then. Once you spool it up though, it drinks like the clio used to.

Turbocharging is defiantly the most efficient way to make a car fast, but if and when I get a track car, it's got to be NA. There is absolutely no beating the NA response. Turbo lag can equate to a lot of time lost on the track so with you creating monster engines, it's really great to see what you do with them. Although, bad luck has really been hitting you recently and I'm honestly gutted for you mate.

Have you thought about a new car or engine again?

You should just track the 595 tbh, probably be bloody good and it's what makes these sort of cars so great having such versatility imo. Can insure it for those days, and that'll still work out cheaper than buying a track car and having it sat purchased, tax'd & insured, for most of the time doing nothing.

Cheers and yeah I have thought about every conceivable option I think!! Nothing can firm up until I know what damage there is, engines out now as of today so shouldn't be long :smile: