Alarm oddity.

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
I fitted my ultra racing rear brace today but what could have taken 25 mins took a couple of hours.

I removed all the carpet trims so i could get at the parts were it all bolts in and saw the alarm bolted under the shelf support, no wonder you can't hear the alarm when it goes off.

What suprised/shocked me was that the alarm has an LED which flashes when the alarm is activated but for some reason the LED was just pushed into one of the holes i needed for the brace.

This hole is covered by the carpet i'd just removed.

Whats the point in that? either it's meant to be there or the alarm fitter was having a bad day and just stuffed it in there, does anyone else have a light flashing in the back? on display or carpeted?

I spent the next hour or so looking for somewere to put it, took out the shelf support and was going to drill an hole in the C pillar cover but decided to put it in the shelf support so it can be seen through a side window in the dark.

I understand the alarms were fitted when the cars arrived in southampton, must have wanted to finish early that day. :blink:

I think someone moved the alarm to a different place so it was not drowned out by all the carpet.

And I don't have a light at the back, another case of making something fit that was not purposely designed for the car I suspect, did you take any photos?

I think someone moved the alarm to a different place so it was not drowned out by all the carpet.

And I don't have a light at the back, another case of making something fit that was not purposely designed for the car I suspect, did you take any photos?

Only off my phone.

Attachments

• alarm_odd2.jpg
    alarm_odd2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 33
  • alarm_odd3.jpg
    alarm_odd3.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 28
thats how the alarms are!

its a cobra system for renaults and links in to the can-bus system to pick up the various sensors etc

they all have led but they are not on show - mine is fitted on the passenger side trim so you can see it through the side window...

on the fitting instructions theres a warning - the alarms are "paired" to the cars so in theory cannot be fitted to another car!