Akrapovic EVO system

Got my Akrapovic exhaust this morning.:drool:

very nice piece of kit. won't have time to fit it until I'm next home from offshore in 2 weeks though :worried:

i have sealed the carbon tail trims with poor boys wheel sealant - i might have time to remove the diffuser and fit these tonight but won't have time to fit the exhaust unfortunately.

though some of you might appreciate some photos

null_zps7051b8b7.gif

null_zpse8d8d0cc.gif

null_zps87148ad9.gif

null_zpsfdf041b5.gif

null_zps31a6be3a.gif

null_zps35122f96.gif

null_zps905504c4.gif

null_zps7372f77d.gif

Last edited:
Id need that fitted straight away, bet your chuffed to have finally got it,

Bit of a bonus to, you even get an akro welcome mat for your front door :thumbup:

Lovely bit of kit that. Personally I'd put a decent sealant on the tip and not Poorboys wheel sealant. Buy some Gtechniq C1 or similar, it will do a much better job.

I did my tips with fk1000p fine job and it's cheap , great great exhaust love mine , I started fitting mine as soon as it landed lol

can't fault the poor boys TBH. so will just see how it goes. i always keep my cars clean so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Id need that fitted straight away, bet your chuffed to have finally got it,

Bit of a bonus to, you even get an akro welcome mat for your front door :thumbup:

I was going to keep it as a mat in the garage but bits were coming off it so just binned it!

No mate I dont! Does it have a private plate on? On my pictures there's another RB200 from around my way, thats the only one i know of.

After hearing all the positive feedback from a akro I still can't see what warrants that incredible price tag, I understand that it looks goods (even tho no one sees it) and the sound pleases a lot of people but can you not get the same sound from a cheaper exhaust?

Not trying to be a downer here but just trying to get my head around this haha

After hearing all the positive feedback from a akro I still can't see what warrants that incredible price tag, I understand that it looks goods (even tho no one sees it) and the sound pleases a lot of people but can you not get the same sound from a cheaper exhaust?

Not trying to be a downer here but just trying to get my head around this haha

Loads of benefits mate.

- Well if you take away the exquisite build quality you also get spot on fitment ( as opposed to others) so no rattling etc.

- Also, it's the sound. It's not too loud and it's not too quite. The perfect combination (for some) which means no droning etc. I'm too old for motorway droning...

- Also it removes the catalyst -hence the gains (catalyst being super restrictive) - with no flatspots.

- 7+ kgs lighter than stock.

Not bad eh??:wink:

Last edited:
Well I fitted a scorpion non resonated system which is apparently 8.3kg lighter than stock it's a third the price and IMO sounds amazing. It's only gives a claimed gain of 0.8ps, but I never bought it expecting gains tho just mainly for the noise :smile:
I'll admit fitment wasn't great but the 30mins it took to fix doesn't warrant the extra on akro, I know about the built quality and sound from bike exhaust but obviously their a lot smaller so price isn't so much of an issue. Doubt I'll ever understand this but awell each to their own :smile: as long as you enjoy it I spose it can't be bad haha

The akrapovic has a centre silencer so will probably be a bit heavier than a non resonated system.

regarding benefits in buying this Take into consideration resale value too.

the main reason I bought this is the quality of fitment.

ive heard too many stories of other exhausts rattling or melting diffusers and not to mention causing a flat spot.

Quality always pays but I agree that 1k on a basic exhaust is a bit much - if it had a sports cat then fine.

Anybody running the full Supersprint setup (Y pipe, sports cat, system + backbox)? I would have thought that no pre-cat with a sports cat would be preferable to having a pre-cat and no main cat.

Looking at the manifold on the 200 though, the primaries are really really short. I don't know why a vendor hasn't produced a good manifold for these cars? Dispense with the flexis and then run longer primaries, then position a single accessible flexi in collector. + a sports cat and system, job done.

Anybody ever approached the likes or BTB or Maniflow?