Akrapovic at K-Tec !

My graph point is nothing to do with what figures they made (which is a minimal increase), more that their standard car has a serious flat spot.

I agree quality costs, I guess it depends how you measure quality. But then I'd only buy an exhaust that delivered a significant power increase, even at £500.

Everything is shipped half way across the world from China, on the rare occasion you just ship one item at a time, it's still a £100 delivery cost. If there's a UK distributer, then they'll ship 10's or 100's at the same time making these costs insignificant.

Rich

Last edited:
My graph point is nothing to do with what figures they made (which is a minimal increase), more that their standard car has a serious flat spot.

I agree quality costs, I guess it depends how you measure quality. But then I'd only buy an exhaust that delivered a significant power increase, even at £500.

Everything is shipped half way across the world from China, on the rare occasion you just ship one item at a time, it's still a £100 delivery cost. If there's a UK distributer, then they'll ship 10's or 100's at the same time making these costs insignificant.

Rich

Yea agree totally. Unfotunately we have no idea how these are shipped and distributed although i know there not made in china. Still will never be as cheap as a UK part which is a shame as the brand names reptation is excellent.

fmp so you mind saying how much you paid for you evo system? andwhere you got it from?

Pete

Not a bad price.

The Akrapovic exhaust for the GT3RS is more than the GFV of my 200 Cup after two years.

Not for me though.

coming from a love of all things JDM, 1k for an exhaust aint too bad!

^^^^This!

Compared to what i've paid in the past £900 for an exhaust is run of the mill. I find all parts for the Clio very cheap - apart from the Recaros! The Ti back box alone on my old CSL was £2.5k!

i paid £1500 for the miltek system on my R32 and that fell to pieces lol!

Ryan - Yea the Evo is the same system with a resonated de-cat but its only £150 more which for a quality decat and resonator is very standard money.

Pete

Just lol at the complaints of yozzasport systems lacking build quality, clearly anyone who states this hasn't seen one themself let alone used one before. As said I'd go for the cup racer setup and heat wrap the manifold ( equal to an additional silencer in noise reduction terms ) to make it livable.

Spend the other £500 towards tyre upgrades.

Just lol at the complaints of yozzasport systems lacking build quality, clearly anyone who states this hasn't seen one themself let alone used one before. As said I'd go for the cup racer setup and heat wrap the manifold ( equal to an additional silencer in noise reduction terms ) to make it livable.

Spend the other £500 towards tyre upgrades.

and just LOL at anyone comparing the build of a Akrapovic to a Yozza system. Not saying a Yozza system is badly made, but its not going to be in the same league.

There are very few things in the automotive world where the cheaper item is the better item.

But luckily we live in a world where we have a range of systems to choose from at a range of costs.

Also, never heard that heat wrapping reduces noise of an exhaust system. I know that the benefit of heat wrapping is the speed the exhaust gases up, due to the heat being retained.... but never knew about the silencing properties this also gives. Does that work the same as having an exhaust manifold ceramic coated???

'fmp' was i making a direct comparison between the two exhausts? or merely referring to an earlier statement of some more misled member who claims that yozza systems have a reputation more suited to the milltek range of crap. 'LOL' at yourself please.

Just because the quality is second to none, and although i have no experience with them, im sure it is. Why else would you need to remorgage for it. But the by far cheaper system is more than sufficient for its use and does a bloody good job at that. Most definately better value for money....

£900 buys you a whole lot of "oneupmanship" and a whole lot of money for what amounts to 'noise'. I bought a secondhand Miltek on here for £200 inc decat. By the the time it falls apart, I'll be in a 200 and buying a exhaust in the for sale section for £200. So I haven't got a bad thing to say about you wonderful people who buy expensive parts. Its the food chain...lol

Last edited:
@ Ben... if you are referring to me being misled please reread my post. I was just commenting based on the threads I've read on here about ppls exhausts cracking. Whether or not it was yozzas or milteks or what I don't remember. My point remains that an akra will not do this . I've had many different exhausts on different cars / bikes and akras are a work of art. Anyone with win 7 should check out the desktop theme BTW

For the record I don't think ill be getting one for the clio although I don't think its too bad a price

ben_r1 - fair comment mate, and sorry if it came accross as me being rude. but over the years i have seen so many people make comparisons with different products, exhausts being one of them.

And whilst i say, i am sure there is nothing wrong with Yozza systems, but to compare them to something like an Akrapovic is like comparing a Fiat with a Ferrari. Yes they both do thier basic job, but one is nothing special and the other is the ultimate in every way.

Like i said earlier, its good that we have a range of systems to chose from, so those who are on a budget are catered for, those who want X,Y or Z are catered for, and those of us who want to spend out own hard earned money on something a little more 'special' then we luckily catered for too. (which is Akrapovic didnt make a system, i would of gone to BTB like i did a few years ago for the 182).

litchy - really not sure where you get this 'oneupmanship' from. I have ordered an Akrapovic because i feel its the best system available, and i am happy to pay the extra money for the extra quality. Its got nothing to do with any kudos or 'scene points' i would gain from my friends or a forum.

And hats off to you for grabbing a bargain when you can, although those things in life that tend to be that little bit better dont lose money. Again going back to the 182 BTB exhausts i had made a few years back, they still command a high premium, for the simple fact they are the best you can buy for the 182. :smile:

I had both Milltek and Yozzasport exhaust on my 197. Mine was the development car for both exhaust.

The Milltek had some very bad welds and didn't fit properly, which meant it melted my diffuser. The yozzasport was much better quality in both department but the baffles did come lose after 1 yr (by what I was told by the new owner who never paid).

I believe the Milltek has improved but I haven't seen it first hand.

If I was going to go aftermarket for the 200 it has to be Akrapovic. Both yozza and milltek is too much for what they provide IMO.

I guess quality does cost and some members do like using top quality products. Just sometimes feels like overkill when people put 1000's into what in essence is suppose to be a relatively cheap and fun car. Its like a gucci suit and wearing asda @ georges shoes. If you like quality why would you buy a renault? I love mine sooo much but its not a S3 but equally it didn't cost 30k!!!! No doubt expensive parts last longer and fit better but I won't be on here in 3 years time with my f1. Plus there are a number of parts renault should have spent time fitting better. The appeal is in its simplicity not in its quality. Just my opinion and not for me to tell people how to spend their money.

Last edited:
I'm sooooo tempted by one of these, they sound so awesome. I don't have a 200 but I don't see what's stopping me fitting it to my 197.

I'm sooooo tempted by one of these, they sound so awesome. I don't have a 200 but I don't see what's stopping me fitting it to my 197.

By the looks of it they'll hang out the diffuser like a 197 with them RS extensions.

But nothings stopping you from cutting them into a slash again.

I guess quality does cost and some members do like using top quality products. Just sometimes feels like overkill when people put 1000's into what in essence is suppose to be a relatively cheap and fun car. Its like a gucci suit and wearing asda @ georges shoes. If you like quality why would you buy a renault? I love mine sooo much but its not a S3 but equally it didn't cost 30k!!!! No doubt expensive parts last longer and fit better but I won't be on here in 3 years time with my f1. Plus there are a number of parts renault should have spent time fitting better. The appeal is in its simplicity not in its quality. Just my opinion and not for me to tell people how to spend their money.

This is why I don't think id get one. But i think u could sell it on after to get most of your money back on an item like this.

its funny how ppl think the renault is a "badly built" car. and compare it to its german equivalent, no they dont cost £30k but it feels like a £25k car. it eats BMW 325i's alive and puts more of a smile on ure face than any other Audi, BMW, Mini, VW ever would.

i dont get what the rage is about this exhaust, if i was going to spend that kind of money I would buy supersprint or powerflow cus these are tried and tested and proven to produce results.

Ktr's pro system costs half of what that does and when i put my cars back on the rollers in the new year i will laugh when it has had the same results.